Nick Cave

Midnight Man

What a fucking great review - talk about awesome memories for you :)

We are your people Hana, come and be one with the Cave obsessives. Shame you weren't here before the festival when we completely owned the Nick Cave v Pumpkins thread. There are a lot of misguided music fans out there but what's most amusing is that they take the trouble to post in a thread about a band they dislike. How odd.

I CAN'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT GIG. Imagine if I'd missed it for Pumpkins! Suicide would be my only option.

I've bored my parents, my boyfriend, my friends and my colleagues. Who else can I bore?

Get a ticket for October. I can't wait. Although I do wonder if it can possibly match up in intensity given the audience will be eating out of his hands anyway.

Haha I'm just so glad my dad educated me in music properly! The glastonbury gig is still going round and round in my head I still can't stop thinking about it! Haha I know how that feels my bf isn't speaking to me at the moment cos of what happened at glasto! Pathetic!!! Which gig are you going to in October?

absolutely fantastic set, managed to scare a fair few mumford fans and i was personally quite chuffed because i still managed to catch pumpkins play disarm, tonight tonight, today, zero and bullet with butterfly wings almost in a row afterwards, which was pretty special

Haha I'm just so glad my dad educated me in music properly! The glastonbury gig is still going round and round in my head I still can't stop thinking about it! Haha I know how that feels my bf isn't speaking to me at the moment cos of what happened at glasto! Pathetic!!! Which gig are you going to in October?

Your boyfriend sounds a bit silly! I mean it's not like you *actually* sucked Mr Cave's dick. You might have thought about it but you're only human ;)

I'm going to the Saturday and the Sunday now at Hammersmith Apollo. Bought first ticket when they went on sale and the bought the other for a crazy amount on Tuesday night after re-watching the Glasto set!

And knivesout, I too got to see all my favourite Pumpkins songs :) What a result after months of moaning about the clash.

Your boyfriend sounds a bit silly! I mean it's not like you *actually* sucked Mr Cave's dick. You might have thought about it but you're only human ;)

I'm going to the Saturday and the Sunday now at Hammersmith Apollo. Bought first ticket when they went on sale and the bought the other for a crazy amount on Tuesday night after re-watching the Glasto set!

And knivesout, I too got to see all my favourite Pumpkins songs :) What a result after months of moaning about the clash.

Haha he appears to of come round now! Think it might more have been the fuss I made about it!!! Ahhhh I'm so going to buy a Saturday ticket as soon as I next get paid! Looks like it's going to cost me over £100 but I rekon it'll definitely be worth it! Will your boyfriend accompany you to the gigs?

Haha he appears to of come round now! Think it might more have been the fuss I made about it!!! Ahhhh I'm so going to buy a Saturday ticket as soon as I next get paid! Looks like it's going to cost me over £100 but I rekon it'll definitely be worth it! Will your boyfriend accompany you to the gigs?

Yeah that's about what the Sunday ticket cost me! Yikes! Worth it though.

My boyfriend isn't really into Cave (his loss!) so I'll be going to one gig with two friends and one on my own. Seems just about perfect! And it's only three and a bit months away. After Ticket Day too, that's a scary thought... Will I be celebrating or commiserating? I always assume the former...

My boyfriend has only just got into nick cave after months and months of me obsessing and playing his songs, leaving his cds in the car for him to drive to work to, and finally, after the sunday set, hes completely won over. He said he would go with me if he was playing in this country but theyre now sold out and all other tickets are soooooo expensive! Why Nick whhhyyyy! Please add extra nights to manchester!

There were a lot of people further up the field with their fingers in their ears and bemused looks on their faces, which made it one of my favourite Glastonbury performances for that alone!

There was a good reason for that. The repeating sets of speakers were blowing during that set and it sounded horrendous further back in the field. I say that as an avid Nick Cave fan.

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse ignorance, but who was on guitar duty? It doesn't look like Ed Kuepper.

I believe it was George Vjestica, who did some guitar work and backing vocals on the new album. (might be wrong though!)

Hey Russy!

Ya think its time to update the aul "Member Title" there? Wanting Nick Cave and Grinderman to do such will require a lot of work on the flux capacitor! ;)

ha yeh, seems unlikely it will ever happen even in the future now :(

Edited by russycarps

ha yeh, seems unlikely it will ever happen even in the future now :(

Ah sure they did Coachella this year so there must be a chance they could do Glasto in the future...........just as Pyramid Headliners? Na, thats not going to happen.............but you never know about the Bad Seeds in years to come.........They have enough good under-card performances at Glasto and in years to come when viewed as "legends" you never know..........I suppose it depends on how much Emily loves Nick............

Edited by ThomThomDrum

Ah sure they did Coachella this year so there must be a chance they could do Glasto in the future...........just as Pyramid Headliners? Na, thats not going to happen.............but you never know about the Bad Seeds in years to come.........They have enough good under-card performances at Glasto and in years to come when viewed as "legends" you never know..........I suppose it depends on how much Emily loves Nick............

I reckon she fancies the pants off him......

The Nick Cave thread is back! :D

I think Grinderman will more than likely be back in years to come. I could also see the Bad Seeds headlining at some point. Maybe 10 years in the future when all the other legends have retired/passed on. After all, headliners from The Stones generation won't be around forever.

I've decided, after a long period of reflection, that I don't really like the new album. I like noisy, ramshackle Nick, like in the Stagger Lee, like on Nocturama.

I like some of his slow songs (The Boatman's Call is a fucking masterpiece), but just can't really get on with PTSA as a whole.

Sorry

I like it a lot but it's not my favourite. I think it's a huge change of direction to be honest.

No More Shall We Part has some of my favourite slow songs on it. His show at Glastonbury this year reminded me how much I love Noisy Nick though.

Jubilee Street is much better live than on record.

Edited by RebeccaD

I've decided, after a long period of reflection, that I don't really like the new album. I like noisy, ramshackle Nick, like in the Stagger Lee, like on Nocturama.

I like some of his slow songs (The Boatman's Call is a fucking masterpiece), but just can't really get on with PTSA as a whole.

Sorry

The Boatman's Call is one of my most played albums ever!

I think the new album is decent, but he has plenty better. Saying that, what he played live from it at Glastonbury was soooo much better than I expected it to be.

I like the album more everytime I play it!

Edited by marcwilson87

The Boatman's Call is one of my most played albums ever!

I think the new album is decent, but he has plenty better. Saying that, what he played live from it at Glastonbury was soooo much better than I expected it to be.

I like the album more everytime I play it!

This is it, PTSA is a massive grower and I do like it more with every listen. The other albums were all love at first listen for me. But it's not a bad thing if you have to work for it sometimes.