Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Should've encored with "Babe, I'm On Fire". Now, I know that I'm biased, having an unhealthy obsession with this particular record, but it would have been a great ending to a great set, especially as it would've used up the ten minutes or so that they forgot they had at the end of the set!

And you'll note that Nick doesn't read these forums. Otherwise, surely, we'd have had a nod to Henry's Dream's 21st Birthday other than "Jack The Ripper" which is a staple of recent sets. Would've loved "Brother, My Cup Is Empty" but then I guess I'm just being greedy now!

Oh, and however great Portishead were (I've heard good things) and are as a band, there's no way they could've touched the joy and love that filled West Holts on Friday night! The perfect counter-point to Nick Cave's broody magnificence.

So they did finish early, did they? I thought so! But yeah that's the next song I want to tick off the live list...

If Mr Cave read these forums he'd probably do the exact opposite anyway.

Chic over Portishead was the only way.

Mercy Seat was brilliant, if theyd played it in full (with the big long ending) they probably wouldnt have run over!

A few of my group became converts as a result of his set. After Jubilee Street one said "well that was unexpected!"

I love him so much! Having major withdrawls..... had to go home straight after Nick Cave :crying:

And as for Chic v Portishead, I saw neither, I went off galavanting and watched a screaming naked man paint profanities onto a wall while a clown read poetry to him.

Edited by caroldecker

Well, I decided I'm off to Slovakia next week for Pohoda festival where Nick Cave will have similar gig. Bonus is Atoms for Peace and Smashing Pumpikns, cheap beer and small crowd so people can easily get to the front of the stage. Huraaaay.

Pohoda is fun. I've not been for ages, but it's a very different experience.

Mercy Seat was brilliant, if theyd played it in full (with the big long ending) they probably wouldnt have run over!

A few of my group became converts as a result of his set. After Jubilee Street one said "well that was unexpected!"

I love him so much! Having major withdrawls..... had to go home straight after Nick Cave :crying:

And as for Chic v Portishead, I saw neither, I went off galavanting and watched a creaming naked man paint profanities onto a wall while a clown read poetry to him.

Creaming or screaming? ;)

Glad you enjoyed it! Did they run over though? I thought they came up short!

Oh and red right hand or we real cool, but that song was supposed to be played after people ain't no good

Reckon i'm happy with how it panned out

Going off topic slightly, Russy, do you think you'll be back next year? I always expect you to come back really disappointed and calling it a load of shite, but i've never really seen that happen, you seemed oddly contented, which was slightly unnerving haha.

Creaming or screaming? ;)

Glad you enjoyed it! Did they run over though? I thought they came up short!

typo of the year! Jesus!

I meant screaming :D he was funny

He did run short, by about 10 minutes :( but at least i was close enough to the front to see him. Really wanted to be at the barrier though...

Going off topic slightly, Russy, do you think you'll be back next year? I always expect you to come back really disappointed and calling it a load of shite, but i've never really seen that happen, you seemed oddly contented, which was slightly unnerving haha.

Yikes you obviously haven't read that "is it just me or was this year a disappointment" thread up there! All the usual post Glastonbury depression is pouring out in that!