Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Amazing! Thanks for that :)

You showed incredible self-restraint.

HAHA I just couldn't believe what was happening to me, was never expecting that to happen in a milllion years!

I can't stop reading all the reviews

He climbs onto the barrier at the front and his well polished shoes somehow hook him onto the narrow fence top. He leans into the crowd like that classic Iggy shot from the Stooges days and then straddles a woman fan at the front with ‘Nick Cave’ felt tipped across her face. The audience is laughing as her face is caught in a part startled and part ecstatic moment as the Caveman shoves his groin at her head. It’s all very rock n roll and tongue in cheek dangerous but doesn’t detract from the hell blues of the song. - See more at: http://louderthanwar.com/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds-glastonbury-2013-live-review/#sthash.tZX4RUZD.dpuf

and I love being called part of his tribe

Cave does find one of his own tribe though – easily spotted as she‘s got his name scrawled on her cheeks – and he briefly balances on the security rail by clamping her head between his knees, to obvious delight and disbelief.

Love that you can share my enthusiasm Rebecca as after the gig my friends kept telling me to shut up about it and got sick of me having sneaky looks at the set list!!!

HAHA I just couldn't believe what was happening to me, was never expecting that to happen in a milllion years!

He climbs onto the barrier at the front and his well polished shoes somehow hook him onto the narrow fence top. He leans into the crowd like that classic Iggy shot from the Stooges days and then straddles a woman fan at the front with ‘Nick Cave’ felt tipped across her face. The audience is laughing as her face is caught in a part startled and part ecstatic moment as the Caveman shoves his groin at her head. It’s all very rock n roll and tongue in cheek dangerous but doesn’t detract from the hell blues of the song. - See more at: http://louderthanwar.com/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds-glastonbury-2013-live-review/#sthash.tZX4RUZD.dpuf

Cave does find one of his own tribe though – easily spotted as she‘s got his name scrawled on her cheeks – and he briefly balances on the security rail by clamping her head between his knees, to obvious delight and disbelief.

Love that you can share my enthusiasm Rebecca as after the gig my friends kept telling me to shut up about it and got sick of me having sneaky looks at the set list!!!

pffft screw your friends! If you ever want to remember the moment just come on this messageboard and we'll relive it with you!

that review is fucking superb :D . Shame there are so few reviews out there though :angry:

That's a classic review hana!

Loving this thread :). I want you lot around me at my next gig.

Got some good news: I'm leaving the UK in September to move back to New Zealand, so I'll miss Nick's UK dates. But we're travelling around Europe for a bit first, before leaving from Paris. Guess who's playing Paris the night before we're due to fly out? :)

Biggest load of shite I've heard in years - I'm amazed there is so much love for him!!

According to another post - your last two gigs before Glasto were Bon Jovi and Maroon 5. If these are your benchmarks, I wonder you didn't find the Mumfords a bit hardcore and 'out there' for your tastes. And you probably shouldn't be allowed out to see the Bad Seeds without some sort of nurse.

Edited by cassiel1972

This fucking gimp and his girlfriend were standing infront me asking each other who it was singing and just stood there looking miserable and never clapped , however after stagger lee there faces dropped and they both couldn't resist clapping and cheering , still annoying people though

I was surrounded by Mumfords fans (I could tell, they all looked like Young Conservatives). All they did was talk and mess with their phones, though I did hear one couple decide that Nick Cave "wasn't suitable for the Pyramid Stage!"

I give up.

I was also towards the front of the crowd (about five or six rows back to the left of stage). Admittedly, after We Know Who U R I wondered whether Nick would ever be able to get the crowd going. There were so many noisy Mumford fans round me, most looking like they’d come straight from a countryside alliance meeting and having no consideration for the few of us who were there for the Bad Seeds. It was incredibly annoying until Jubilee Street kicked in and the majority of the crowd became shocked into submission. All in all, by far the best performance all weekend, I just wish that they’d headline a stage next time instead of being squeezed between two bands so completely different with a lot of mainstream appeal. Bring on October!
I realise this is quite tactless self-promotion, but I’ve reviewed it in full here: http://www.wehateyourband.net/live-review-nick-cave-the-bad-seeds-glastonbury-festival/

He climbs onto the barrier at the front and his well polished shoes somehow hook him onto the narrow fence top. He leans into the crowd like that classic Iggy shot from the Stooges days and then straddles a woman fan at the front with Nick Cave felt tipped across her face. The audience is laughing as her face is caught in a part startled and part ecstatic moment as the Caveman shoves his groin at her head. Its all very rock n roll and tongue in cheek dangerous but doesnt detract from the hell blues of the song. - See more at: http://louderthanwar.com/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds-glastonbury-2013-live-review/#sthash.tZX4RUZD.dpuf

Cave does find one of his own tribe though easily spotted as shes got his name scrawled on her cheeks and he briefly balances on the security rail by clamping her head between his knees, to obvious delight and disbelief.

What a fucking great review - talk about awesome memories for you :)

We are your people Hana, come and be one with the Cave obsessives. Shame you weren't here before the festival when we completely owned the Nick Cave v Pumpkins thread. There are a lot of misguided music fans out there but what's most amusing is that they take the trouble to post in a thread about a band they dislike. How odd.

I CAN'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT GIG. Imagine if I'd missed it for Pumpkins! Suicide would be my only option.

I've bored my parents, my boyfriend, my friends and my colleagues. Who else can I bore?

Get a ticket for October. I can't wait. Although I do wonder if it can possibly match up in intensity given the audience will be eating out of his hands anyway.

Was intending to go to Smashing Pumpkins half way through, as was never really into Cave. I am now, he was great and I stayed til the end of the set as it was so good. Smashing Pumpkins failed in comparison, wandered over and saw a few songs of theirs and left.

So another Cave convert here!

Was intending to go to Smashing Pumpkins half way through, as was never really into Cave. I am now, he was great and I stayed til the end of the set as it was so good. Smashing Pumpkins failed in comparison, wandered over and saw a few songs of theirs and left.

So another Cave convert here!

Welcome to the dark (and infinitely superior) side!

I was also towards the front of the crowd (about five or six rows back to the left of stage). Admittedly, after We Know Who U R I wondered whether Nick would ever be able to get the crowd going. There were so many noisy Mumford fans round me, most looking like they’d come straight from a countryside alliance meeting and having no consideration for the few of us who were there for the Bad Seeds. It was incredibly annoying until Jubilee Street kicked in and the majority of the crowd became shocked into submission. All in all, by far the best performance all weekend, I just wish that they’d headline a stage next time instead of being squeezed between two bands so completely different with a lot of mainstream appeal. Bring on October!

I realise this is quite tactless self-promotion, but I’ve reviewed it in full here: http://www.wehateyourband.net/live-review-nick-cave-the-bad-seeds-glastonbury-festival/

Good review. Agree with your view of Red Right Hand being a slightly underwhelming encore. I would have much rather seen him come out and do Loverman for example.

Also, I note you picked Chic over Portishead.......for shame.

Good review. Agree with your view of Red Right Hand being a slightly underwhelming encore. I would have much rather seen him come out and do Loverman for example.

Also, I note you picked Chic over Portishead.......for shame.

Should've encored with "Babe, I'm On Fire". Now, I know that I'm biased, having an unhealthy obsession with this particular record, but it would have been a great ending to a great set, especially as it would've used up the ten minutes or so that they forgot they had at the end of the set!

And you'll note that Nick doesn't read these forums. Otherwise, surely, we'd have had a nod to Henry's Dream's 21st Birthday other than "Jack The Ripper" which is a staple of recent sets. Would've loved "Brother, My Cup Is Empty" but then I guess I'm just being greedy now!

Oh, and however great Portishead were (I've heard good things) and are as a band, there's no way they could've touched the joy and love that filled West Holts on Friday night! The perfect counter-point to Nick Cave's broody magnificence.

Edited by jimmyt