2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consequential of the post-2013 Mumfords backlash (even the normally conservative BBC are forced to admit an estimated 63% of people fall asleep during their set), Eavis decides to ring the changes:

Metallica

Slayer

Megadeth

a few months ago, this thread would have been full of people predicting Daft Punk, heck there were tons of people predicting they'd appear this time, but hardly anyone is mentioning them now. Any reason for this? Does the disappointing album have anything to do with it?

I reckon it'll be The Stone Roses, one of Arcade Fire or The Black Keys and perhaps a big Hip-Hop name, like Kanye West, Eminem or even Dr. Dre.

The Strokes have been long overdue an appearance at Glastonbury and would make a good sub for either the Roses or Arcade Fire/Black Keys. I reckon for Other Stage headliners that Faithless, Florence And The Machine and someone heavier like You Me At Six or 30 Seconds To Mars would make strong headliners.

I reckon it'll be The Stone Roses, one of Arcade Fire or The Black Keys and perhaps a big Hip-Hop name, like Kanye West, Eminem or even Dr. Dre.

The Strokes have been long overdue an appearance at Glastonbury and would make a good sub for either the Roses or Arcade Fire/Black Keys. I reckon for Other Stage headliners that Faithless, Florence And The Machine and someone heavier like You Me At Six or 30 Seconds To Mars would make strong headliners.

This might come across as arsey so apologies in advance but given you've said that you've had these three names for months would it not taken the same amount of time to post those names as it did to write the above post?

I understand that there is probably shit loads of information that comes out during the festival and you might be able to make a better prediction if you get on with other more important things but if you say way back when (March?) that you have names that you'll post after the festival nothing is lost by doing just that.

Efests is always great with info and knowing who might be being approached is a long way from who ends up headlining so its of no great importance. So thanks for the info when you get round to it I just find it odd you bother to write a post saying your too busy to post.

Edited by mungo57

What you don't seem to realise is that while Efests does get good Info and rumours, they don't HAVE to give us any of it.

Neil, Sco77ie and the other mod type people are all extremely busy peoe and they have their reasons for taking their time, please do t unintentionally piss them off or me might never get the info!