2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

Since most of us are trying desperately to pass the time before heading down I thought it might be fun to ask everyone for their 2014 headliner predictions. It's been stated that as soon as 2013 is over the rumours will be added to next year's festival, and apparently there are already some very strong rumours. Add your reasons if you feel like it too.

Here's my 3:

Fleetwood Mac - Asked this year, but toured instead. Mick Fleetwood wants to do it.

Arcade Fire - New album out later this year/early next.

The Black Keys - The Arctic Monkeys of next year. They provide rock thrills and will have a new album out by then probably.

Edited by Matt87

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt ME will say at the Sunday press conference that he's already got next year's headliners booked and give us some random clue.

I'd expect at least one of the following:

Stone Roses

Fleetwood Mac

Adele

Lady Gaga

Less likely, but vaguely possible:

Led Zep

Eminem

Bowie

Lot of talk about Arcade Fire. Wouldn't surprise me but I'm not sure they're fans. They certainly didn't seem to enjoy the experience much in 2007 (the year of the relentless rain) and they've not been back since

Lot of talk about Arcade Fire. Wouldn't surprise me but I'm not sure they're fans. They certainly didn't seem to enjoy the experience much in 2007 (the year of the relentless rain) and they've not been back since

I've heard the same about Reading Festival. I think they just don't like festivals very much. I'd be surprised if they turned down a headline slot at arguably the biggest festival in the world.

Edited by mrtourette