Guest Muppetmark

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This time last year I said I wanted Above & Beyond to play and we got them, so I'm gonna chance it again in hope that we get Dog Blood (Skrillex + Boys Noize) to play 2014. It would be refreshing to see 2 massive DJs in their own right play a different kind of set to what we're all used to and (most of us) are getting bored of, maybe even have Boys Noize (or Skrillex) play their own set at some point over the weekend too. We need something different on the lineup and Dog Blood would definitely bring that.

Edited by TheHiddenPassenger

• 2 weeks later...

Jim, if you still read this, please book a line up similar to what snowbombing has just announced. It sounds cliche but if Rockness sticks to it's dance roots I think it will be very successful.

Acts I'd love to see return from last year (which I did think was fantastic, by the way) are Fatboy Slim, Henrik Schwartz, Joris Voorn, Booka Shade, Clouds, Huxley, Len Faki, Josh Wink and of course Above & Beyond. Understandably a lot of them won't be returning for a good few years.

My Wishlist (off the top of my head - haven't properly thought about headliners)

Headliners: The Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy, Disclosure (I reckon that's affordable?)

Would love to see a few of these acts on the line up: Daniel Avery, Paul Woodfood, Ame b2b Dixon, Dusky, James Zabiela, Ben Pearce, Breach, George Fitzgerald, Hannah Wants, Jay Lumen, Gui Buratto, Seth Troxler, Jamie Jones, Maya Jane Coles, Ben Klock, Nicole Moudaber, Solomun, M.A.N.D.Y., Maceo Plex, Waze & Odyssey, Mano le Tough, Ejeca, Bontan, Loco Dice, Guy J, T. Williams, Bondax, Adam Beyer, Claude Von Stroke, Pete Tong, Justin Martin, Shadow Child, Pig & Dan, 2ManyDJs/Soulwax, Derrick Carter, Klangkarussell, Kolsch, Route 94, Pan-Pot, Richie Hawtin, Karmon, Pleasurekraft, DJ Koze.

Obviously these acts all being at Rockness would be unaffordable but I really think Rockness can do very well if it takes the right steps and has a heavy undercard with acts like these.

Jim, if you still read this, please book a line up similar to what snowbombing has just announced. It sounds cliche but if Rockness sticks to it's dance roots I think it will be very successful.

Acts I'd love to see return from last year (which I did think was fantastic, by the way) are Fatboy Slim, Henrik Schwartz, Joris Voorn, Booka Shade, Clouds, Huxley, Len Faki, Josh Wink and of course Above & Beyond. Understandably a lot of them won't be returning for a good few years.

My Wishlist (off the top of my head - haven't properly thought about headliners)

Headliners: The Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy, Disclosure (I reckon that's affordable?)

Would love to see a few of these acts on the line up: Daniel Avery, Paul Woodfood, Ame b2b Dixon, Dusky, James Zabiela, Ben Pearce, Breach, George Fitzgerald, Hannah Wants, Jay Lumen, Gui Buratto, Seth Troxler, Jamie Jones, Maya Jane Coles, Ben Klock, Nicole Moudaber, Solomun, M.A.N.D.Y., Maceo Plex, Waze & Odyssey, Mano le Tough, Ejeca, Bontan, Loco Dice, Guy J, T. Williams, Bondax, Adam Beyer, Claude Von Stroke, Pete Tong, Justin Martin, Shadow Child, Pig & Dan, 2ManyDJs/Soulwax, Derrick Carter, Klangkarussell, Kolsch, Route 94, Pan-Pot, Richie Hawtin, Karmon, Pleasurekraft, DJ Koze.

Obviously these acts all being at Rockness would be unaffordable but I really think Rockness can do very well if it takes the right steps and has a heavy undercard with acts like these.

• 2 weeks later...

Hardly any household names in that lot, so wouldn't break the budget, but then again,probably wouldn't sell that many tickets either.

That sort of lineup would just alienate an awful lot of people, and attract mainly teenagers,who in turn, have the least disposable income.

Fine with the festival sticking to its dance roots, but it's moved on a good bit since it started,and needs to continue moving on if it wants to look to the future.

Every year there are people on here praying for Daft Punk. They aren't coming back to Rockness. As of right now, I'm not even sure if Rockness is making a return next year.

If so I'd expect headliners of the same caliber as last year. Probably The Prodigy, Ed Sheeran and Disclosure or something like that. I'd obviously hope for stronger headliners but the last couple of years haven't been up to scratch for me in the main stage department, saved only by a good undercard.

Really hope we hear some news soon to indicate Rockness is coming back next year. When were the first announcements last year?

The Prodigy

Florence + The Machine

Calvin Harris

Potentially acts like Orbital, Dizzee Rascal, a Pendulum reunion, Chase and Status, Kraftwerk or Stereophonics could be headliners too.

Would do it for me in terms of headliners. Throw in a solid undercard, stealing some good names away from TITP and it could do well. Disclosure, Frightened Rabbit, Twin Atlantic, Chvrches and Nero would all be welcome in my eyes.

EDIT: Actually I just realised I'm on holiday during when Rockness is usually held. In an entirely selfish act, I hope the festival survives, but that the acts mentioned are there in 2015 when I can go again.

Edited by harryomatic