Daily report on the state of the ground on site.

Guest Sawdusty Surfer

Got back this evening. Some slightly damp patches in the lowest hollows between pyramid and Leftfield tower, but I stress slightly damp. Had to dig a couple of 18 inch deep holes in CN field. Dry. Laden Transit towing laden trailer (yes, I do mean laden) was fine driving up hill on grass.

Looking good.

Will try to update daily, more often if any major change.

UPDATE>

Due to the usual series of unfortunate events that we always endure during the start of the Pilton Marathon I didn't make it on to site today. BUT have just spoken to my elder daughter who is working there as part of the easy life site crew. she said that the ground is now baked hard and starting to crack in places. When I suggested that she might maybe test the ground with her car key she (with a rather rude turn of phrase) declined, saying that it would probably break her car key.

So looking good at the moment.............. Next update tomorrow after my next delivery. Hmmmm.

Thurs eve update.

Getting drier all the time. some traffic stewards now wearing dustmasks. Threatened to rain on and off all day but didn't. Looking good.

Edited by jamesontheverge

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please can you do the key test James, I would read every post you write in a Geoffrey Boycott accent. This thread is dangerous stuff, will end up constantly checking it the same as the weather thread. Given the *current* forecasts are pointing towards a lot of rain up till Monday then mostly dry for the festival this could prove vital evidence. Jackone take note.

Edit: And thank you James for doing this