Glastonbury alcohol email?

Guest Amii

mmmh not sure how this will work as me and my fella bring a cooler bag each which is a mix of soft drinks, booze and loads of bottles of iced water. Everything we carry is on a trolley as totally impractical to carry on own whilst pushing a trolley, I suppose I could carry it on own but what's the point if I have a trolley to do these things?

Very badly worded and can see this adding further delays at the gate tbh

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the wording from the website, i would be surprised if they didn't update this before sending anything

Don't forget to drink plenty of water. Long waking hours, dancing and summer sun can increase your need. Safe drinking water is available from the standpipes scattered around the site, and bottled water is available at many stalls. If you're using your hands to drink, wash them first. For information about the watersupply, see the Facilities area of the website.

If you're bringing your own alcohol to the Festival, remember that amounts considered beyond reasonable personal use will be confiscated at the gate. All glass bottles will also be confiscated - you must decant all contents into plastic bottles before you come to site. Beer tents on site are run by the Workers Beer Company and Avalon bars. The prices are equivalent to London pub prices.

Please take care: drugs/alcohol cocktails can be lethal. Know your limits, and those of your friends. Drunk people can be very irksome! You'll all have a much better Festival if you avoid over-doing it. If you are concerned that one of your friends requires assistance ask a steward or security personnel to point you towards The Medical Centre or Welfare Tent.

Don't drive under the influence of drink or drugs when leaving the Festival. For more information visitwww.brake.org.uk.

Challenge 21 wristbands

The Festival operates a 'Challenge 21’ policy for alcohol sales. If you look under 21, you will not be served alcohol unless you can prove you are over 18 – by presenting ID, or by wearing a ‘Challenge 21' wristband. These will be available from the Property Lock-ups on site, on presentation of a valid form of photo ID. The following are acceptable forms of ID:

- UK Driving Licence

- Valid Passport

- If you don't want to bring your passport or driving licence, use a PASS ID. See http://www.pass-scheme.org.uk/ for details.

I have had the same email, about 10 minuets ago.

I think this is a bit over the top it has never been a problem before, why should it be a problem now, unless it is a licensing issue. I was going to take spirits rather than a load of beer, but I get the impression that the mates that I am going with will probably load me up with a couple of slabs now.

it's still not a festival email address. :lol:

From what's been posted above it looks like See Tickets are sending out the mail, and it looks like they've messed up with the email address they've used as the (supposed) sender.

1. Any alcohol brought onto the site must be for personal consumption only

2. No glass bottles can be brought onto the site

3. You must be able to carry your alcohol yourself, without using any wheeled devices, including trolleys, wheelbarrows and wheeled suitcases.

4. Any Alcohol which is brought to the gates using a wheeled device will not be allowed in, and may be confiscated

We hope you have a safe and enjoyable Festival.

If only drinking cans of beer/cider I wonder how many people can carry what they can drink in 5 days/nights....?

Edited by Player

i've got it. Seems very legit.

I am worried now on a two fold basis: Queues at the gate and also them actually trying to take booze off me!

I am a responsible drinker and all of this in general does not seem to be in the spirit of the festival.... i am hugely disappointed by this. has the potential to cause havoc.

really? This is interesting. Do you think someones got hold of our emails and it is spam?

Bit of a strange thing to spam with..... How could we verify this email with the festival? Its not on the website yet.... hmmmm curiouser and curiouser!

I think (from what people have posted above) it's a genuine email sent on behalf of the festival by See Tickets, and it's merely the case that see Tickets have in-error used the wrong domain for the sender's address.

As far as the email goes it doesn't matter at all; the domain isn't verified in any way when the email is sent, and as it's "donotreply@" they're not expecting or wanting anyone to reply.

Think a bit of perspective is needed. Glastonbury is bound to send out these types of emails. Given pressure they are under to retain licence etc it is the bare minimum.

I highly, highly doubt that any personal stashes will be taken. If you have 24 bottles of Smirnoff on a trolley then you might have issues because they would (agin rightly imo) think your aim is to sell on sit.

This is the wording from the website, i would be surprised if they didn't update this before sending anything

Don't forget to drink plenty of water. Long waking hours, dancing and summer sun can increase your need. Safe drinking water is available from the standpipes scattered around the site, and bottled water is available at many stalls. If you're using your hands to drink, wash them first. For information about the watersupply, see the Facilities area of the website.

If you're bringing your own alcohol to the Festival, remember that amounts considered beyond reasonable personal use will be confiscated at the gate. All glass bottles will also be confiscated - you must decant all contents into plastic bottles before you come to site. Beer tents on site are run by the Workers Beer Company and Avalon bars. The prices are equivalent to London pub prices.

Please take care: drugs/alcohol cocktails can be lethal. Know your limits, and those of your friends. Drunk people can be very irksome! You'll all have a much better Festival if you avoid over-doing it. If you are concerned that one of your friends requires assistance ask a steward or security personnel to point you towards The Medical Centre or Welfare Tent.

Don't drive under the influence of drink or drugs when leaving the Festival. For more information visitwww.brake.org.uk.

Challenge 21 wristbands

The Festival operates a 'Challenge 21’ policy for alcohol sales. If you look under 21, you will not be served alcohol unless you can prove you are over 18 – by presenting ID, or by wearing a ‘Challenge 21' wristband. These will be available from the Property Lock-ups on site, on presentation of a valid form of photo ID. The following are acceptable forms of ID:

- UK Driving Licence

- Valid Passport

- If you don't want to bring your passport or driving licence, use a PASS ID. See http://www.pass-scheme.org.uk/ for details.

If see's mailing list isnt that secure though, someone could have easily spoofed it, but looks a little too genuine for that.

Why would GFL use see tickets to mail though, couldnt they use the emails they harvested during registration?

Ah! That makes sense. However, I do doubt that it's a mistake, a Glastonbury is mentioned throughout, and it references it being the only festival to allow booze in the "arena".

Here's to hoping it is a mistake though!!

the only thing I'm suggesting is a mistake is what they've used as the sending email domain.

seems like a pointless rule for the sake of it to me. for those with a shedload of booze it just means more trips to the car, surely? it's not like you can get a massive amount on the coach anyway. that's how those of us without trolleys do it and i doubt we take significantly less booze.

i just don't get it.