Mumford and Sons

Guest kevtamuk

surely HRC have got some kind of contract with Kasabian that would make them unable to do it?

Glastonbury have never had a 'stand in' headliner ready in previous years that headliners have pulled out so i can't see why they would this year

as others have said, this late on, it'd probably have to be another act taking the step up. who, though, is another story, as all of the acts who could do it would be either underwhelming or an odd choice. The xx couldn't fill a Glastonbury headline slot. Primal Scream and Nick Cave have got the material, but as a suitable switch for Mumfords? Pumpkins are subbing Other so would be weird for them to take the step up. Chase & Status, no. Portishead, definitely not. Dizzee Rascal? maybe but that would be underwhelming (although i guess with no other options he'd have to do)

i'm sure there are tons of bands gagging to headline Glastonbury, and they could draft in a very late addition, but considering it doesn't look like Mumfords will be cancelling (if they do) until very late on it's all a bit of a muddle

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blur have a Glasto-sized hole in their schedule, presumably so that Albarn can guest-star in Womack's show and every one of the Malian acts. And Blur's set at Primavera Sound was as good as their Pyramid set in 2009.

It might be too soon for them to come back, though.

.... but it doesn't matter, because until we hear otherwise, Mumford are headliners.

No it wasn't - they'd already played Coachella and went on to play Roskilde.

Ironic that people were worried not all the Stones might make it to Glastonbury!

He's obviously going to recover (good) and in the meantime they'll probably drag a bit of Noah & The Whale to fill in (bad).

I'm guessing that Mumfords themselves will know more after the surgery. They say he should make a quick recovery but that assumes the surgery goes to plan. Also everyone is different and what constitutes a "quick" recovery is different for every person.

I reckon we will hear one way or another by the end of the week.