Laughing Gas

Guest kilpjam

Do any of you know whether there is any problem with taking laughing gas canisters into the festival?

They are legal to buy so i dont see any reason why it would be problem (plus i know from experience that people sell them there) but just wondered if any of you had experience of this?

If i quite blatantly took a backpack full of canisters would they say anything?

Thanks!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

touchy subject on this forum! prepare for backlash

last year at Bestival i saw a bloke with a backpack load getting accosted by a group of security personnel. didn't see what the outcome was but it looked liked they were stopping him from selling them / possibly even confiscating them

but they are totally legal and if you want to bring a fuck load of them with you i doubt people will stop you, and i'm sure you won't be the only one

If you get caught with them they will confiscate them of you at the gate and also if your seen with them in the festival they will take them of you. My advise to you is go up the stone circle on the Wednesday night and sell them all there and then then you will have a load of spending money for the festival! And if you see security or police hide them!!!!!

I dont really want to sell them, Me and my mates will just do them but its far cheaper taking your own than buying them when you're there....

appreciate the advice though, sounds like a bit of stealth may be required rather than just a backpack full

My experience is that all festivals have clamped down hard on laughing gas! It's not very discrete either, so if security hear you, its more than likely follow the sound to the source and take it all off you. I've had friends who have had 3/4 dispensers and 100's-1000's of canisters taken off them. Personally its not worth it (not a great fan myself anyway), but its obviously your call.

Although its legal to buy and possess for food preparation purposes. It can only be sold in the UK for inhalation purposes by a registered pharmacist, so if they suspect you might be selling it, no matter your intention, it will be confiscated (if they find it).