Who is from the original rave scene of 88-89?

Rodbull

On 6/7/2013 at 7:38 PM, Rodbull said:

Going on 44 now and look fondly back on my days of the quad and the drome in merseyside. Was thinking how many oldskool ravers are still up for it? Now a days in a campervan (:)) and with a wife and daughter but still having the time of my life!

Live today likes it,s your last

I was in my 20s in 88-89 and I was very much a part of the early Rave scene in London at that time.

I'm 55, so if you are 44, you must have like 12!

Kudos bro.

c171c65f4df007f1083e56043fb91215.jpg 

does anyone remember the name of the stall selling trippy art and it had a big sound sytem and the geezer was doing these crazy projection using a hand held mirror on a big screen to the music, loads of people there raving all night, especially the sat. actually was it mindscapes?

On 6/8/2013 at 12:11 PM, iloveglasto said:

Started in 1990, went to Castlemorton free party and Fantazia One Step Beyond at Castle Donnington in 1992, regular at the Fruit Club in the Brunel Rooms in Swindon and Devotion at Gold Diggers in Chippenham. Best 5 years of my life!

My friend’s ex used to DJ for Fantazia 

Edited by phillyfaddle
Typo

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2013 at 12:11 PM, iloveglasto said:

Started in 1990, went to Castlemorton free party and Fantazia One Step Beyond at Castle Donnington in 1992, regular at the Fruit Club in the Brunel Rooms in Swindon and Devotion at Gold Diggers in Chippenham. Best 5 years of my life!

WDA... Old Son.. Still going strong with VOID speakers system along with Nusense sound system.and others in bmth 

• 1 year later...
On 1/6/2020 at 10:41 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Thats the first mention of Verber Manor ive heard for many years ... I led quite a sheltered youth but many of my friends at the time frequented that place :) 

You all know... And I hope that you all have the same feelings I do when you look back...

Kaos, pawlett, Cornwall collisium, Torquay's monastery after hours,, Plymouth's warehouse... Early Universe. 🤗😬🥴👊👌

Halleluja, the story is finally going to be told.....

I think that the original Kickstarter (or whatever was used) fundraiser has closed but it did raise £30k ish! There are channels to donate if you fancy it.

This documentary is going to be absolutely epic for anyone who was there, for anyone who wishes that they had been there and will be a fantastic historic record.

It seems that this project is actually bringing together everyone from the key movers and shakers to the wide eyed weekend ravers to finally tell the story.

There is going to be SO much unseen footage (loads from a mate of mine who actually had an Amstrad camcorder back in the day and got away with filming onsite as everyone knew that he was sound...ironically the sound has somehow evaporated from the tapes though!) and footage from media archives.

Hopefully it's going to be released on the 30th anniversary of Castlemoreton. 

@guypjfreak

Edited by Pinrut
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alec 1975 said:

You all know... And I hope that you all have the same feelings I do when you look back...

Kaos, pawlett, Cornwall collisium, Torquay's monastery after hours,, Plymouth's warehouse... Early Universe. 🤗😬🥴👊👌

We literally shared the same dancefloors! I'll add Volts in Exeter and Verbeer Manor to that list. Oh my gosh, the smoke machine at Verbeer was always ridiculous. I can still taste it, over 25 years later

8 hours ago, Alec 1975 said:

Met ba lady the other day who claimed to used to put stuff on at Plymouth's warehouse, she was telling me about meeting moby off a train  on behalf of the promoter and then taking him to a steakhouse not knowing he was vegan.

• 7 months later...
20 hours ago, sky9999999 said:

Anyone from Truro? The coliseum and Plymouth Warehouse etc

If anyone came from that area around that time please let me know.

I got done for al ot of money and i'm still looking...:)

Cheers

I mean, if you’re looking for debtors probably not the best strategy to be quite so up front about it 😂