Synthesizer/electronic band help needed please!

dingbat2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

christ had already forgotten all about that. that'll do just nicely then!

See you there then mate.

I am a bit worried about what time to actually get there as I think it will be rammed. There is a lad djing in the unfairground at 10-11 who I would like to see, but I am a touch worried that I will not get in the Glade if I go to see him.

15 minutes ago, eastynh said:

See you there then mate.

I am a bit worried about what time to actually get there as I think it will be rammed. There is a lad djing in the unfairground at 10-11 who I would like to see, but I am a touch worried that I will not get in the Glade if I go to see him.

definitely plan on getting there very early myself for a guy called gerald!

are you going nicky blackmarket a few hours before in london underground?

On 03/06/2013 at 8:46 PM, dingbat2 said:

I need some help chaps, I love electronic music, anything with synthesizers and I am a happy man. The sort of bands I love are Kraftwerk, Goldfrapp, Gary Numan, M83, Holy Fuck, Air, Delphic, Mirrors, Ulrich Schnauss, Portishead (yes I am a happy man),Sigur Ros (less synths but I still love them)

Can anyone recommend any ‘synth’ bands from the line up so far. Although I like dance music, I am looking for synth musicspecifically, so any ideas?

Cheers!

SUBGIANT

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

SUBGIANT

Absolutely, yes

:. But 2.15am on Saturday morning in the Bimble Inn..... really? What on Earth is that all about, such a waste. They would have been absolutely perfect at Williams Green or JP at not stupid o clock. What's that all about Guy?

no idea old son ollie is just made up to be playing glasto again JP maybe next year ..you gonna be awake for it old son ?? im always bimbling around [ see wot i did there lol ] so may as well go see some friends ...there gonna be watch ELO with us come say hi old son

After last year I got into "the egg".  Saw them a couple of times in early morning slots and they have similar this year

this song still rings in my ears from last year, and they're a good solid live band

Edit:. By early morning I mean 2am ish

Edited by siblin

1 hour ago, northernbro said:

definitely plan on getting there very early myself for a guy called gerald!

are you going nicky blackmarket a few hours before in london underground?

I was going to mate but Mark XTC is on @ The Unfairground. He is on 10-11. Now I have absolutely no idea where the Unfairground actually is. I am hoping it is a 45 minute walk max, which would get me back to the Glade more than a hour before AGCG comes on. hopefully that will be enough.

6 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Unfairground - Glade should be doable in that time, but SE corner will be rammed thursday night so be prepared for delays. I'd say 20 mins enough in the daytime, but god knows at 11 on Thursday. 

I will give it a miss then mate and just go in The Glade.

• 1 year later...

Evening all, my annual bump of this thread, lovely to see the like of Goldfrapp, the Orb, Future Islands, A Guy Called Gerald, Justice and Jagwar Ma on this years line up. I haven't had that much chance to study the line up In detail yet, so does anyone have any electronic/synth music recommendations for this year, the sort of stuff that floats my boat is on page one of this thread from 2013 !

Thanks for any help!

On 2016-6-1 at 11:43 PM, siblin said:

After last year I got into "the egg".  Saw them a couple of times in early morning slots and they have similar this year

this song still rings in my ears from last year, and they're a good solid live band

Edit:. By early morning I mean 2am ish

Can't believe it took until page 4 for The Egg to come up .  They're playing quite a few times so should be easy to catch them.

The Egg are Glasto regulars, I caught them at Croissant Neuf I think it was a few years back, but have missed them ever since because they usually get to play well past my sleep time! I think I have a better chance of catching them again this year, they have a few slots lined up

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/06/2017 at 8:41 PM, dingbat2 said:

The Egg are Glasto regulars, I caught them at Croissant Neuf I think it was a few years back, but have missed them ever since because they usually get to play well past my sleep time! I think I have a better chance of catching them again this year, they have a few slots lined up

Yeah they even have a slot in the middle of the day at the glade!  I managed to catch one of their 2am slots last year but was half asleep by the time they came on stage, so the more sociable hour is appreciated

As a synth fan/player myself there are lots of good electronic options this year.  Goldfrapp and Justice should be very good

14 hours ago, siblin said:

Yeah they even have a slot in the middle of the day at the glade!  I managed to catch one of their 2am slots last year but was half asleep by the time they came on stage, so the more sociable hour is appreciated

That slot just after midday was brilliant, lying in the blazing sun. Good times.