Glasto 2013 Map overlaid on 2011 map

Guest misnomer

Yeah, when you compare the new map to the layout from the Q magazine overview photo, the new map does appear much more accurate than before.

I am still concerned though that they have removed the path from Bushy Ground to Silver hayes completely. I think someone mentioned somewhere that the Dairy Unit has been extended over the past few years and that could be the reason for the path now being removed. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Really worried about where to camp this year if this is the case.

This does look tricky.

There is a brand spanking new house in the way and they have added new sheds. Strange place to put a house.

From the map it looks like we will have to hike round via Pylon and come in past John Peel.

Will only be able to tell for sure on site but will probably head via Oxlyers first time round unless the stewards know for sure.

What unnerves me about that map, is the giant white patch taking up a chunk of Kidney Mead. Is that the location of the new giant long drop toilet complex that someone posted in a photo thread? It's dangerously close to where I like to camp and I am worried about the stench!

What unnerves me about that map, is the giant white patch taking up a chunk of Kidney Mead. Is that the location of the new giant long drop toilet complex that someone posted in a photo thread? It's dangerously close to where I like to camp and I am worried about the stench!

Ha, I actually emailed the festival office regarding the issue and a very kind chap named Nick (the festival maps coordinator) responded saying that it was an oversight and that the map would be amended to suit.

Very impressed that they responded and amended the map so quickly! Myself and my group are now very happy that our plans to camp in Bushy Ground again can continue!

I just asked a similar question, a few posts above- the answer applies to your question too. Basically the map is just more accurate- if you look at the link above for the photo map, it looks the same as it did in 2011, I think