This is the last year!

Guest Fizzy2734

Have just been told by accident, a major rep for the festival that this is indeed the last year of Rockness (for the forseeable future anyway)!

This man is the main rep and contact point between him and the company (if the did festivals they'd be the best festivals in the world :nyam: !)

I know its probably expected by all but we were just talking about how preperations were going and his son blurted to my friend it was the last year as he was telling him about the new cider that will be served there.

Licences are contracted annually so the discussions were along the lines of this is it. Last year, bar the potential of a one day goodbye next year.

I am only telling you what I have been told and do not want to be a downer but the lad has no need to lie, they both love Rockness (as do I) but the lack of REAL talent and absence of the usually present Jim King is a worry.

It would make sense as the economics no longer work so I think a sabbatical is not a bad thing.

I expect a slagging now, but as I say they have no reason to lie.

I mean it wouldn't surprise me. Mabey they were debating putting on the festival this year and that's why tickets going on sale etc was late and they have just decided to give it one last go

I live about 5 miles away from Rockness. Just to clarify a few of the rumours in this post:

Rockness was always going ahead this year. The license/permit from the council had been submitted and approved way in advance. The delay was because the lease on the land from the farmer that owns it had expired and was being negotiated. This was completed in January and the tickets and lineup were announced less than a week after this.

They have also leased the land for the next 5 years so there is no definite plans to cancel it.

This information was readily available on local news sites and the Highland Councils website.

Hope this clears up some of the rumours.

Spoke to Jim King for about half an hour on Sunday, nice guy and totally honest. To the speculation about this being the last year he said no reason why it should be as they met the projected target sales. He also did state that they say that every year on e-festivals lol. We complained about a few things i.e headliners and he did say he takes our point and does listen to the comments of the folk that turn up. Fatboy Slim played before Example because Norman Cook specifically asked for this time slot. I think it will go ahead next year, he explained about down sizing it and I agreed with a lot of what he said, some of the tents have been too big in years gone past (especially during the day a lot seem empty). One thing I know for sure, Daft Punk will definitely not be playing again due to what they charge. He told how much but I won't divulge as I said i wouldn't on any forum etc, but its far too much for them to realistically consider again. Overall, nice guy answered all our questions (even my mate's who moaned about absolutely everything haha). 99% sure it will be back.

Edited by toastrack

Spoke to Jim King for about half an hour on Sunday, nice guy and totally honest. To the speculation about this being the last year he said no reason why it should be as they met the projected target sales. He also did state that they say that every year on e-festivals lol. We complained about a few things i.e headliners and he did say he takes our point and does listen to the comments of the folk that turn up. Fatboy Slim played before Example because Norman Cook specifically asked for this time slot. I think it will go ahead next year, he explained about down sizing it and I agreed with a lot of what he said, some of the tents have been too big in years gone past (especially during the day a lot seem empty). One thing I know for sure, Daft Punk will definitely not be playing again due to what they charge. He told how much but I won't divulge as I said i wouldn't on any forum etc, but its far too much for them to realistically consider again. Overall, nice guy answered all our questions (even my mate's who moaned about absolutely everything haha). 99% sure it will be back.

Edited by blackg1000