Drink and food prices ?

Guest brady92

Hi first time at rockness this year really looking forward to it, im a T in the park regular you see. Anyone know the price of the pints inside the festival? are they as expensive as Titp? (£4 roughly a drink token there). Also what are the food vans and outlets like? Not sure whether to just bring my own snacks and easy to make dinners. Any help would be fantastic!

I hope the food market is back. Got fantastic haggis for £6, hope its back this year also amazing macaroni cheese. I'd say you would find really great food for under £6 which I don't think is too expensive. Loads of choice of different food outlets.

Pints were under £4 last year and what's great is that its cash bars.no hassle with tokens. Jager truck I believe is pricey .

I prefer the food choice at Rockness over T. Loads of selection, lots of local produce and good quality. Drink prices are similar to other festivals. Again, I think there's a better choice of alcohol at Rockness than T, in terms of variation.

Enjoy your first Rockness!

Bring a camping stove if you have one. If it gets cold or wet the ability to make hot tea/coffee is the difference between utter misery and braving the elements.

Breakfast: I bring a pack of donuts, one for each morning, as they're a bit of energy-giving stodge. I have one with an individual pot of porridge (e.g. Quaker Oats, OATS SO SIMPLE) as using one doesn't need washing up a saucepan or bowl.

Lunch and Dinner: Last year brought far-east Asian noodles (e.g. A-One) from the local Chinese supermarket. Fantastic. Taste NOTHING like Pot Noodle. Indeed the ones I get, seafood, have actual dessicated crab and prawn in them. If that freaks you out get the chicken. They're SO tasty, but also hot and filling. Again the individual pots means you're not needing to take or clean bowls or plates or pans. They cost somewhere between 50p and £1 each and I'm telling you are some of the best noodles you'll ever eat.

I was cash-poor last year so didn't eat at the foodie market and I still regret it. Really high quality farmers market type stuff. They have some fantastic food there, haggis, venison, stovies, and there are other more typical festival stalls with the likes of curries, paella, as well as more ordinary fare. But they're not cheap, I think £7 was about the starting asking price for several things.

This year the plan is the same - donuts, oats, fruits, Asian pot noodles - but also a bit of spare cash so I have at least the option of trying out the foodie section.

So... stove, extra gas, lighter, kettle, spork - sorted!!

Edited by viberunner

• 1 month later...

Regardless of high joblessness and wages remaining flat, the cost customers pay for goods rose by 1.8 percent last year, according to the labor Department. While that is not an enormous sum, it impacts the cost of staples we purchase every single day and accumulates. Below is a survey of a few of these items. Resource for this article:Inflation: what you pay more for this year

The only thing I bought food-wise was a sliced sausage roll about 11 am on the Sunday. They stopped doing breakfast rolls at 11.30. And it cost £2. That's right. £2. The queue to their stall was about forty deep... just stragglers anywhere else.

So that's your festival top tip - undercut the competition and clean up!

• 5 months later...