What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury?

Guest Arriente

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As well as preparing for Glasto, i have been preparing for Download. Just a big festival pile really, put my new tent up in the lounge yesterday as i live in a flat and don't have a garden :-) it was good fun

Inflated the air bed yesterday to make sure it's still OK, can't get it back in its ridiculously small bag though :banghead: Bought any remaining missing bits today, toiletries, new toothbrush, toilet rolls, spare batteries etc. Took everything out of it's unnecessary packaging and put everything together in a pile. I have a rough idea on clothes but will make a final decision nearer the time.

I'll be spending the time between now and then organising the first timers in our group, making sure they don't take too much or forget anything important.

Today, I bought a traveller's shower bag.

Last weekend I bought a pair of hiking boots and Hunter wellies for my wife.

I also checked which of our airbeds was still usable.

And I keep checking this Forum, check Twitter etc.

Inflated the air bed yesterday to make sure it's still OK, can't get it back in its ridiculously small bag though :banghead: Bought any remaining missing bits today, toiletries, new toothbrush, toilet rolls, spare batteries etc. Took everything out of it's unnecessary packaging and put everything together in a pile. I have a rough idea on clothes but will make a final decision nearer the time.

I'll be spending the time between now and then organising the first timers in our group, making sure they don't take too much or forget anything important.

We've got Wychwood at the end of the month which will be our dry run for Glasto so the main preparation has been getting my very old caravan sorted after six months of no real use.

The service team are due back tomorrow to replace the damper mechanism (which activates/deactivates the caravan brakes).

Also done an inventory of what food/booze I've got ready and shared it with others in the group so they can add their bits.

I bought some sun cream (NFR NFC) as it was on half price plus some shaving oil. These are specifically for glasto.

Second practice tent erection is at the weekend.

Bought new tent, airbed, chair and some accessories a couple of weeks ago, practiced erecting the tent today, going to borrow my mates wheelbarrow to transport it. Just the consumables to purchase now, seeing everyone on here getting prepared in the same way makes me feel less mental and gets me buzzzing!! :beach:

it's just hit me that i haven't done shit to prepare for Glastonbury yet. it's crept up on me! really need to start getting my stuff together. haven't even factored what i need to buy / how much money it's all gonna cost etc