What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury?

Guest Arriente

Over the years I have gradually whittled down what I take to the bare essentials. Then that lot is stored in a space beneath my bed. All I have to do is open it up each year and check anything has not deteriorated or needs replacing and so forth. Might make a few additions this year however to make life easier and because I'm doing it solo and can't necessarily rely on mates to have remembered to bring things.

Don't tend to both preparing too much until the week before, sometimes the weekend before these days - other than the homebrew, which was finished a couple of weeks ago. Else most other things are consumables which are best bought in a run to Blacks camping or the supermarket.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will order my trolley tomorrow when they should be back in stock. Get paid a week on Friday so will get my booze that weekend. I also have a weekend away for the Stone Roses in the middle of June so will need to try and budget sensibly for all this, luckily I already have my Glasto spending money put aside.

purchased a sleeping pod as recommended on here and have spent the last year working on my fancy dress crazy suit , wellies and top hat , obviously a bit at a time !! Also have made my skittles and werthers vodka , and purchased a battery pack to make sure my phone stays charged . this weekend will be mending and waterproofing tent weather permiting !!

Bought a new tent after our trusty old one gave up the ghost a couple of years back.

Booked hotel for way there and back cos I don't want to drive all the way from Edinburgh in one go (lazy - yup!)

Will book car hire on Friday when I get paid

Picked up ticket from the post office today :D

Can't wait now it feels so close......

Lol I'm one of those last minute people, I run round town buying Christmas presents on Christmas eve. Glasto packing will be no different, although I've started to buy a few nic-nacs here and there. I won't have a pile like that though until the Tuesday!

Help me out with that recommendation...what the heck is a sleeping pod? Back to the Future talk here!

Today I'll check flight prices far too many times in the hope that they've gone down..knowing full well that they wont have. As I have done every day since I got tickets!

Also I'll booking travel back from the festival to London and ordering a new UK festival phone, and probably looking at, and adding to, the list of camping stuff to buy when we get to England.

So excited!

Read this forum and been listening to my Spotify playlist to pick out some possibilites from all those unknown acts.

Go camping all the time in our Bongo so all our stuff is always ready to go other than clothes, toiletries, food and drink. Will pick up my vodka and choose its flavouring in the next week....getting excited!

Eye up the prices of wine boxes and cans of beer, and toy with the idea of getting striped tarpaulins for around the campervan awning.

Not shopping yet, as I'll drink the booze, but it will come together on the weekend before... :sarcastic:

I bought a new day bag to keep my camera, beverages and more... Just to have by my alcohol, Waiting for my Ticket grrr... Then all systems are go........