"It's just a piss up in a field"

Guest antbfc

Had a similar conversation with a work collegue this week. 'I love my live music, but I'd much rather watch it in proper arenas not in a field miles away'. I asked what was his last gig... He said 'Snow patrol last year'. The conversation ended there.

Some people are a lost cause.

My old boss would rule out meeting during glasto, telling the others i was "away dancing with the fairies"

He was a prat though.

Odd what people think,

On that subject - this is being touted in twitter - ebook by a first timer in 2010. Not read it, but a nice title.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turn-Left-The-Womble-ebook/dp/B0060YCKGW

"Turn Left at the Womble: How a 48 yr old Dad survicied his first time at Glastonbury"

I read that last week. It's odd. Almost 40% of the book is devoted to getting there and getting home again. They don't go anywhere but the pyramid and other (with occasional foray to the dance tent) - which there's nothing wrong with but in the end I felt it might be a book that only people who were the same as the writer would enjoy. Would be interesting to hear other people's thoughts though.

Seems a bit like saying St. Peter's Basilica is "just a church", Citizen Kane is "just a film" or Everest is "just a mountain".

It is, after all, the best piss up in a field in the world.

I sometimes wonder at these people who can't take any joy from anything. Life on earth must be pretty boring if you just spend all your time thinking everything is equally mediocre.

Edited by TomfromStroud