Sold out, Full Line Up Due Soon?

Guest a_kelaz

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jamesontheverge" post="3992816" timestamp="1366579472"

That wasn't secret...Madness a few years ago in Lost Vagueness for example was secret. (800 person venue, maybe less) Absolutely blinding gig :) Secret gigs likely this year but unlike the last few years are actually going to be secret ;)

I think worthyfm announced the madness gig,

Did they???

or the daily newspaper,

Definately not

whichever we all knew it was happening. It was an absolute no no in any case for me.. To much trudging in mud, too many people, and I think they cordoned it off in end

We knew about it the day before. AFAIK only crew were in the know. We arrived 1/2 hour before Madness came on and the tent was half empty.

Our mate was stage manager and she snogged Suggs :) Still dines out on that one!

It was 2007, lost vagueness and all that, but I knew it was happening in advance definitely . If it wasn't from the daily glasto newspaper or radio it may of been from here , it was one of these "secret" shows that wasn't really secret. It clashed with Arctic monkeys I think...

Edited by drewsstrat

I Googled it and two years ago we had the full one up by about a week ago, so presumably we should get the rest soon.

I also remember that two years ago, Morrissey (who subbed the Pyramid) was on the last announcement with no previous rumours that he was playing, so it's possible that some pretty big names will come unexpectedly out of the hat yet.

I Googled it and two years ago we had the full one up by about a week ago, so presumably we should get the rest soon.

I also remember that two years ago, Morrissey (who subbed the Pyramid) was on the last announcement with no previous rumours that he was playing, so it's possible that some pretty big names will come unexpectedly out of the hat yet.

That wasn't secret...Madness a few years ago in Lost Vagueness for example was secret. (800 person venue, maybe less) Absolutely blinding gig :) Secret gigs likely this year but unlike the last few years are actually going to be secret ;)

they must have deadlines that they have to work to; e.g. full line up by X date, so that they can arrange set times, budgets, logistics, artwork, all manner of things. I'm surprised that, with little over 2 months to go, much of the festival line up is to be announced.

they must have deadlines that they have to work to; e.g. full line up by X date, so that they can arrange set times, budgets, logistics, artwork, all manner of things. I'm surprised that, with little over 2 months to go, much of the festival line up is to be announced.