Setlist-based Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

Added latest self-confirmations Billy Bragg and The Sterlings.

Remember when I was a teenager, trying to drum up interest from my mates in going to different festivals - I used to have a dog-eared piece of paper with lists of acts on it for each festival to compare.

Would have been much better in the Spotify era...

This is immense - do love it - your work is much appreciated!

Agreed Pbird, and cheers, good to hear!

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is brill! Thanks.

I'm currently planning just to bimble around the music, but this is perfect to get me in the mood over the next 2 months.

Cheers Neil! Yep, it's as good for getting a flavour of the different sounds that'll be floating around come June as it is for band research.

Added Fat White Family and Gentle Mystics.

Brave Sir Robin, you deserve a peerage for your services to Glasto-going humanity. I'm going with my no2 16 yr old son this year, and your spotify playlist has done the job perfectly - we now have a much better appreciation of each other's music and as a result we're going to have an even better time there! Thanks again for all your tremendous work!

Cheers Chazwozza, drunk pumpkin and Xtrouble! Good to hear you're making use of it. Chazwozza, I've already got a peerage ;) Out of interest, what on there does your 16 year old son like?? It's a fantastic lineup for those of us with a few more years under their belts but I'm happily surprised one so young is enjoying it.

Continued updating the poster acts on recent setlists, and added latest self-confirmations/TBCs Brother Culture, Manasseh, Reggae Roast, CoCo and the Butterfields, Ecklectic Mick, Nick Hollywood, OdjBox and Clean Bandit to Glasto 2014.

Remember when I was a teenager, trying to drum up interest from my mates in going to different festivals - I used to have a dog-eared piece of paper with lists of acts on it for each festival to compare.

Would have been much better in the Spotify era...

This is immense - do love it - your work is much appreciated!

Yeah, I remember even in 2005 trying to Kazaa (or Audogalaxy or whatever I was using at the time) ONE song from each of the MAIN acts playing. I failed miserably in all the months I had. Spotify (which I learnt of from this forum BTW!) is a revelation. Well worth the money for premium, I abso-fucking-lutely love it!

Anyone know why I cant log into this. When I click the link I get a box to log into Spotify. I log in with my details and get to my spotify but I can't find the playlist. What am I doing wrong ? Much praise to Brave Sir Robin, however I cant get to it yet agh...

Brave Sir Robin said "Chazwozza, I've already got a peerage ;) Out of interest, what on there does your 16 year old son like?? It's a fantastic lineup for those of us with a few more years under their belts but I'm happily surprised one so young is enjoying it."

Well, he's v keen on Skrillex, likes Robert Plant, the Wailers, Jurassic 5, happily tolerates most of my stuff (Led Zep, Blondie, Roxy Music, etc) and is hoping to see 360 again in the Rabbit Hole. Mostly he just loves the whole Glasto experience - we first took him when he was 8 so he got into it early! And mate, I thought you had a knighthood rather than a peerage - but it's all good!

This playlist has changed from immense, to epic, pissed on gargantuan, shat on behemoth, waved bye bye to phenomenally FFFFFFYOWGE and is currently cosmologically MASSIVE!

And it's really rather good too.

:)

Cheers Woffy! I'm starting to think it might be getting tooo big, might start giving some of the smaller acts less than 5 tracks, hmm...

Ok got it - the music that is playing is it..... derr..... In previous years there was an actual playlist that I accessed some how. Not very IT literate, sorry.

There should be a 'follow' button there somewhere, click that and it'll be in your account in the left column/under playlists.

Cracking this, got it on all the time, REM was played today, they playing?

Good to hear - but no REM on there!

Brave Sir Robin said "Chazwozza, I've already got a peerage ;) Out of interest, what on there does your 16 year old son like?? It's a fantastic lineup for those of us with a few more years under their belts but I'm happily surprised one so young is enjoying it."

Well, he's v keen on Skrillex, likes Robert Plant, the Wailers, Jurassic 5, happily tolerates most of my stuff (Led Zep, Blondie, Roxy Music, etc) and is hoping to see 360 again in the Rabbit Hole. Mostly he just loves the whole Glasto experience - we first took him when he was 8 so he got into it early! And mate, I thought you had a knighthood rather than a peerage - but it's all good!

Well I can forgive him Skrillex because of his tender years - other stuff is good! And doh, you got me on the peerage thing. Though Brave Baron Robin doesn't have the same ring to it...

Added to Glasto 2014: latest self-confirmations/TBCs Mexican Dubwiser, the Wookies, Phatworld, the Dodge Brothers, Shaa'ir + Func, Dan Clews, Lazy Habits, Ciara Cunnane, Rivers of England, Space Monkeys, Opiuo, Qboy, Freerange DJs, Bipolar Sunshine and Shit Robot (and breathe!)

To keep the size down a little, new policy of 5 tracks for acts that are or might well be playing the bigger stages, 3 tracks for acts playing the smaller stages. As ever, song selections are based on recent gig/festival setlists as far as possible.