Tatting on the Monday: What's the best thing you have found that has been left behind?

Guest gibbin82

Thanks to 3 lovely ladies from Wigan, we got a brand new tent (just hosed it off this evening) and a brand new Gazebo which has come in handy during the hot weather. We have now finished their 40+ cans of cider, and didn't really fancy the bag of white powder...

We chose to leave their airbeds, socks, wellies, coats, lager and camping chairs - hopefully someone else will have had these. Must have been easily £300 worth of brand new stuff just dumped.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people next to me left two crates of Fosters. I had no way to carry it, and I'm not a lager drinker so I left it for the cleanup crew/whoever came across it next.

I must say the vast majority of people who'd already left Park Home by the time I did left it in good shape.

I couldn't believe the amount of booze that was left at WV,there was cases left all over the place.Our neighbours left tons,I took a case of Kronenburg and a box of wine and my mate took a couple of cases and there was still loads left.

It was only a five minute walk,people are so wasteful/lazy.

The people striking the tents must of been well happy.

Edited by Thearg

There were some utter twonkers in Row Mead/Big Ground who were crashing a BMX into loads of perfectly good tattable tents this year. They were filming it so it's probably on YouKnowWhere by now. Fucktards.

This year I replaced my knackered camping chair (properly disposed of natch) with a better bigger one.

I also got a nice tent. However, despite having asked around and then waiting about an hour to see if it was owned, and despite the fact that three other would be tatters of said tent would have had it if they hadn't found me inside dismantling it, I have had a nagging guilty feeling ever since that it might, actually, not have been abandoned...

I love the wombling at the end! We didnt find anything worth taking home, but we did collect 5 airbeds from nearby tents, stacked them up, and a couple of the chaps did a run and jump onto them! That was fun. Then the security people told them off as it 'might be dangerous'. The security man looked about 12! It was hilarious!

We were at the bottom of Pennards and there were loads of new tents still up that had just been abandoned. We didnt have room to take anything though. Oh, I did get a nice little rucksack and we picked up a few beers here and there.

Cornwall Fire Brigade were invited to the festival on the Monday to collect camping equipment that had been left and they are selling it on Saturday at the local rugby club to raise money for their charity (not sure of the name of the charity).

They went with about 6 people and two vans which seems like a drop in the ocean, but maybe next year more organisations are going to be invited.

I know the best answer is to deal with the idiots who leave their stuff, but that is nearly impossible due to the size of the site. At least this way some people will get some bargain camping equipment and the money is all going to a good cause.

Cornwall Fire Brigade were invited to the festival on the Monday to collect camping equipment that had been left and they are selling it on Saturday at the local rugby club to raise money for their charity (not sure of the name of the charity).

They went with about 6 people and two vans which seems like a drop in the ocean, but maybe next year more organisations are going to be invited.

I know the best answer is to deal with the idiots who leave their stuff, but that is nearly impossible due to the size of the site. At least this way some people will get some bargain camping equipment and the money is all going to a good cause.

I left a sleeping bag and camping chair behind. In my defence, I had a flight back to Sydney the next day and didn't have room in my suitcase. But it brought me to the point that surely there should be somewhere you can hand in unwanted things?

Sure a lot of the folk would have just been wasteful but some probably had circumstances like mine? At the very least it would save time on cleaning the site up.

I left a sleeping bag and camping chair behind. In my defence, I had a flight back to Sydney the next day and didn't have room in my suitcase. But it brought me to the point that surely there should be somewhere you can hand in unwanted things?

Sure a lot of the folk would have just been wasteful but some probably had circumstances like mine? At the very least it would save time on cleaning the site up.

One of our cart wheels exploded with the combination of tyre pressure and heat from the sun on Wednesday afternoon. Rather than write it off, we went a walk down towards Gate A around Monday lunchtime, found an identical cart with a broken axel and recycled one of the wheels. Job done!
A one of the boys picked up a couple of small pop up tents that had been left (including the bags to pack them away in). That should keep his kids happy for playing in the garden over summer.
To be fair though, Hitchin Hill wasn't in too bad a state by the time we left around 3pm. Most people around us appear to have taken on board the Love the Farm message.

You can ALWAYS pack up gear and hand it to the campsite crews at a caravan, they will accept it and it will go to a good home (no crap please, only good stuff). Many represent local schools and do the same as the good example with the fire brigade.

I was in south park, there was no booze in the field at all Monday morning between 10 and midday, as I could see it and not too many abandoned tents or gazebos either (more down the bottom than the top), quite an improvement considering that it was one of the highlighted areas in the 2009 aftermath video. Dairy looked a bit of a shit pit. All I picked up was abandoned lanyards (got a couple of green traveller ones, ironically) which I took home and cut up to make shoelaces and some abandoned programs (which were in a bag we lost on the bus, seemingly having missed it when unloading).

Have always been tempted to nab one of the abandoned tents as you do see some bloody good ones leftover, but a strange guilt overcomes me like I know its been abandoned but it still belongs to someone so I feel I'm nicking it, always said I'd make a crap criminal. Plus theres the hassle of getting it back to the car

Nonsense. If you leave a reasonable looking chair on monday someone will take it and 'recycle' it for themselves. I have no guilt about leaving reusable stuff at glasto as someone WILL take it. You have to be quite on guard on the monday because of all the people roaming around keen to take things.

I'd be doing it myself if i wasnt doing the festival by public transport.

They did need to give out more bags this year for general rubbish and recycling. I had to use bags id bought in myself for rubbish. If they want the farm tidy why didnt they give out bags?

Nonsense. If you leave a reasonable looking chair on monday someone will take it and 'recycle' it for themselves. I have no guilt about leaving reusable stuff at glasto as someone WILL take it. You have to be quite on guard on the monday because of all the people roaming around keen to take things.

I'd be doing it myself if i wasnt doing the festival by public transport.

They did need to give out more bags this year for general rubbish and recycling. I had to use bags id bought in myself for rubbish. If they want the farm tidy why didnt they give out bags?