Tatting on the Monday: What's the best thing you have found that has been left behind?

Guest gibbin82

One advantage to having a trolley/cart and not leaving until Monday afternoon is that some people leave some really good stuff just because they can't be bothered to carry it back to their car. Last time we brought home a whole crate of Kopparbeg pear cider and could have had some really good tents if we had wanted them (some even packed away but then abandoned half way to the car parks). But if you have done any tatting what are the best things you have found abandoned on the site?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One year we were wandering about Monday afternoon and found a cooler box full of cans, a double sleeping bag, loads of camping accessories, a pair of hunter wellies, brand new padded shirt, a phone and a wallet with £100 in it.

We drank the first one and kept the next 4 but handed the others in.

I once left a a cooler box full of cans, a double sleeping bag, loads of camping accessories, a pair of hunter wellies, brand new padded shirt, a phone and a wallet with £100 in it while I went for wander and when I got back the whole bloody lot was gone! :sarcastic:

I have every intention of hanging around a bit longer on Monday this time round to see what treasures I can find. One question though - how can you be really sure that something has been left with no intention of anyone coming back for it? I wouldn't want to be caught 'stealing' someone's tent!

I once left a a cooler box full of cans, a double sleeping bag, loads of camping accessories, a pair of hunter wellies, brand new padded shirt, a phone and a wallet with £100 in it while I went for wander and when I got back the whole bloody lot was gone! :sarcastic:

I have every intention of hanging around a bit longer on Monday this time round to see what treasures I can find. One question though - how can you be really sure that something has been left with no intention of anyone coming back for it? I wouldn't want to be caught 'stealing' someone's tent!

took a massive tent which had an enourmous porch with 3 big rooms coming off. the crew who were using it came internationally and so left it behind, we also found a few dollars inside. this was in 2010 though when we were blessed by weather - we didnt bother in 2011.

tents and alcohol are left behind in abundance. seriously if you take a sack truck down you could take many many crates back to the car.

same here hoping to pick up a tent or two for my neices and my sister (abandoned of course) a few years ago when i had 9 festivals in 10 weeks, i only bought beer for the first festival, picked up at least a crate on the way out as we left each time which served the next weeks and so on for the whole summer. life of a student hey.