Worthy View - Coaches & Shuttle Buses

Guest raw-edge

Hi everyone.

This will be my 6th (or is it 7th time visting - hazy memories!). For the first time though I am staying at Worthy View. As previous years I will be using the see provided coaches. Unfortunately they have moved the pickup/drop off point to North Grenwich, why they have moved it to the wrong side of Londin I don't know, Embankment was always easier.

anyway I am missing my point.

I am getting the coach down on Wednesday, as usual they will drop off at the festival coach station. The site says I have to take a bus back to the showground and another bus to Worthy View. Has anyone done this in the past, how often are the buses to the showground and the ones to Worthy View?

very little information on the site apart from what buses are needed is available. any help and experience is much appreciated

I don't know what the exact details are, but even if the shuttles are as frequent as every 30 minutes, it could still take you 1-2 hours to get to WV from Gate A.

My girlfriend and I were originally planning to travel by train, but the thought of having to get a shuttle from Castle Cary to Gate A, Gate A to Bath & West, and Bath & West to WV made us decide that we'd rather rent a car for the weekend and drive instead.

I'm wondering the same thing, looking to book a tent in Worthy View (if any are left) and i am also coming by coach.

Surely you will just be able to walk through the site at the coach entrance and enter Worthy View that way. Bit of a walk but better than buses everywhere, stay in a Tipi before and just presented our conformation on arrival. Presume this would be the same just heading out the Festival.

If someone could confirm tho.

Ta

The festival organisers have said to do the bus thing, they didn't mention going through the site. I presume that "check in" to get your tent is at one end of the field near the carpark entrance rather than the gate between the festival and the worth view camping

Just emailed them about walking across the site and they said I can do that. As i'm not carrying a tent this year and generally don't bring slabs of beer I don't need to worry and can just stroll over!

I will only have a bag with some clothes in and a sleeping bag as other friends coming down the next day will hopefully have some more of my stuff as they are driving so not massive amounts to carry. will decide when I get there!

• 1 month later...

Sure you all would have seen this but just incase - Sounds pretty tops to me the BBQ Wednesday night :)

"There will be no access via Pennard Hill pedestrian gate on your first entry to the campsite, so please use the car park on the Worthy View site or travel on the bus to the site. Anyone walking through the Festival site to get to Worthy View will not be granted access to the campsite (unless they have already checked in and have their Worthy View wristband)."

They've also changed the shuttle bus so that it now goes from the festival bus station, not Bath and West Showground:

Due to the distance between the campsite and the bus station/other car parks, there will be a bus service operating between the FESTIVAL BUS STATION and WORTHY VIEW CAMPSITE.

The buses will be running between the following times:
Wednesday- Friday 8am – 10pm
Saturday NO SERVICE
Sunday 12pm-8pm (departure only)
Monday 1st July 8am – 4pm (departure only)