The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

7 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Can anyone recommend a good camping shop in Liverpool city centre? Planning on getting the basics tomorrow and no clue where to look.

There's a Decathlon in Huyton opening on the 30th of May- I know that isn't city centre but having been to their Gateshead store great shop and reasonably priced

Any recommendations for decent flat-folding camping chairs? The sort without legs that are like mats but with a back to them. I'm after something that provides a little back support for when the missus inevitably sits in my lap and leans against me but is small enough to carry around when not in use.

On 5/28/2016 at 0:20 AM, Johnkhutch said:

Can anyone recommend a good camping shop in Liverpool city centre? Planning on getting the basics tomorrow and no clue where to look.

Hi 

there is a Millets by central station, a Blacks by Matthew street. There is also a Go Outdoors just outside the city center in Bootle

depending on what you need Go Outdoors maybe your best bet.

mark

13 minutes ago, mwillo said:

Hi 

there is a Millets by central station, a Blacks by Matthew street. There is also a Go Outdoors just outside the city center in Bootle

depending on what you need Go Outdoors maybe your best bet.

mark

Nice one cheers Mark, got some stuff from Blacks yesterday!

44 minutes ago, wetflame said:

Any recommendations for decent flat-folding camping chairs? The sort without legs that are like mats but with a back to them. I'm after something that provides a little back support for when the missus inevitably sits in my lap and leans against me but is small enough to carry around when not in use.

http://www.ergolife.co.uk/home/product/1

I've got this one, not the cheapest but easy to carry and I find it comfortable. They are available a little cheaper on amazon ebay etc.

3 hours ago, alanr1303 said:

I've got this one, not the cheapest but easy to carry and I find it comfortable. They are available a little cheaper on amazon ebay etc.

I totally agree about the ergolife. I've had one for many years and it is SO comfortable and easy to carry about.

OK, yes it is a bit more expensive, but it lasts ( I've had mine for at least 5 years), and remember the saying: buy cheap, buy twice....

Don't know if it's already been posted but Go Outdoors have 15% off everything in store - ends at close of business tomorrow.  Came in handy when I bought a sleeping bag and mat earlier on. They were handing out vouchers as people walked in to the Sheffield store but have seen since that they are available from the website too.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Nice one cheers Mark, got some stuff from Blacks yesterday!

Go outdoors got 15% extra off sale till Tuesday.  Got decent pair of berghaus walking shoes other day.  If its boots you're after Brasher have now been taken over by berghaus and they've some nice leather superlites there.  

6 hours ago, alanr1303 said:

6 hours ago, wetflame said:

Another vote for the ergolife, we have had them for 3 years now and they are great.

Also available at efest shop

http://camping.efestivals.co.uk/ergolife-stol-portable-roll-up-chair-614-p.asp

• Upvote 1

picked up a back of 2 collapsible water bottles from poundland for £1 believe it or not lol. Flattens right down when empty (about 1mm) and ideal to put some gin/whisky/vodka in. Hold's approx 1/2 pint per bottle. Plus they have a wee clip to clip to your trousers so you won't forget to pick them up! That's my bargain of the week :) 

34 minutes ago, pinkmolly226 said:

picked up a back of 2 collapsible water bottles from poundland for £1 believe it or not lol. Flattens right down when empty (about 1mm) and ideal to put some gin/whisky/vodka in. Hold's approx 1/2 pint per bottle. Plus they have a wee clip to clip to your trousers so you won't forget to pick them up! That's my bargain of the week :) 

I picked up three packets of these and usually write whats in them in marker pen. Don't wanna mistake the water for vodka again :D

19 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I picked up three packets of these and usually write whats in them in marker pen. Don't wanna mistake the water for vodka again :D

Lol noooo the thought of that makes me ill! 

Thinking of picking up another 2 as well now. Mine are solely for gin but now I come to think of it it might be a good idea to put actual water in one and keep filling it up lol. 

Edited by pinkmolly226

23 hours ago, greenArmy12 said:

Someone posted a good cool bag rucksack type thing said they sweared by them, think they were around a tenner but I can't find them anywhere nor the post. Does anyone else remember this?

Was it these things from the Healthy Back Bag people? I have one and it's excellent.83204-PR5web.jpg?itok=tPN0ewpn

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Used the heavy duty festival trolley I bought from the eFests shop for the first time at the weekend.  Most impressed, would recommend,  2 thumbs up etc.

Great news, gonna get myself one I think. Hoping its light enough to carry on the coach though.

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 2:17 PM, davidd said:

Decent rucksack at a decent price. I have one of these and it's stood a few Glastonbury's and is still sound.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/vango-contour-60-10-expedition-rucksack-price-with-code-c-c-included-45-63-blacks-2454263

I bought this recently, and I found it really heavy and the metal bar at the back of it restrictive of putting my head back? Am I wearing it wrong, or am I just being a wuss? Considering taking it back but I got a really good deal on it so not sure if I will regret returning it if the other ones are very similar!

I'm 5'5 and the hip straps don't go small enough to sit comfortably as well :(