The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

27 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

Starting to look at my tent situation. I need a 4 man. Any recommendations? Cotswold outdoors seems to have a decent sale on ..

https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/c/camping/family-camping/family-tents.html

Once you’ve gone fresh and black you don’t go back ... 

• Upvote 1

https://www.camping-intl.com/products/tents/poled-tents/coleman-cortes-octagon-8-tent-2020/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAmZDxBRDIARIsABnkbYT454hXPEazUdQGyxM11SrUbxU_hgBp7u5Ayjpp2ZQqyjLZNVigDzAaAu49EALw_wcB

This absolute monster arrived the other day. Is definitely heavy and comes in a huge bag. Has wheels but can see them failing if the ground is remotely damp

22 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

https://www.camping-intl.com/products/tents/poled-tents/coleman-cortes-octagon-8-tent-2020/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAmZDxBRDIARIsABnkbYT454hXPEazUdQGyxM11SrUbxU_hgBp7u5Ayjpp2ZQqyjLZNVigDzAaAu49EALw_wcB

This absolute monster arrived the other day. Is definitely heavy and comes in a huge bag. Has wheels but can see them failing if the ground is remotely damp

Looks brilliant. 21kg so you’ll need those wheels! Glamping not camping 

We've got one of the slightly older Quechua fresh (but not black) pop up tents. Its stood up to about a dozen festivals and other than the internal lights not working anymore it's unmarked. Sure the lights would be easily fixable if I could be bothered or remembered to try anytime other than when at the campsite. Being a pop up it's a total bastard to get back in the bag but other than that it's great.

(First time we used it we couldn't fold it down. Drove home with the bugger unfolded over the back seats like a proper numpty. Kids in the back totally unimpressed!!!!)

😆

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I have this and something that annoys me about this and other powerbanks is there's no proper on/off switch - I know this is to stop us overcharging when not necessary and it is in fact more efficient than the alternative of having a switch but I can't help but feel that somehow I'm losing power more than I should. 

3 hours ago, topmarksbri said:

I have this and something that annoys me about this and other powerbanks is there's no proper on/off switch - I know this is to stop us overcharging when not necessary and it is in fact more efficient than the alternative of having a switch but I can't help but feel that somehow I'm losing power more than I should. 

i might have to stand corrected but im pretty sure most of these have cutoffs that mean they won't continue to charge an already charged phone and become drained without the need for a switch .. 

3 hours ago, topmarksbri said:

Anker’s tend to have an on button then automatically power off on a full charge or x amount of being disconnected. You can trust it.