lazzareo

The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

@kiki18  good spot...on the discount code sadly too late for me as already ordered and its been dispatched.  I will let you know what I think of it when it comes.

4 hours ago, chrismcb said:

Cant find a decent powerbank in any of the stores in Ireland and the ones in the UK dont ship to Ireland anymore.

Ebay would have been your best bet. Just search 100000mAh and you can get one for around a tenner. Although you may have left it too late for shipping. 

11 hours ago, Shariken said:

Not a bargain as such,  but it never occurred to me until this week that my normal travel mirror is glass and if they are doing more robust bag searches....  I couldn't see any decent non glass mirrors, yes they are cheap, but they seemed very small.  Then I found this,  it hasn't arrived yet, so I will report back.  But I like the fact it opens out. http://magicmirroruk.com/  I ordered the mini from QVC.  

5 hours ago, kiki18 said:

Theres a discount code for  50% off the mini mirror its FESTIVALFEVER50. 

I always take a glass mirror but now with these extra checks i'm torn whether to buy one of these!

Thanks so much for this! Ordered one with the discount :). 

20 hours ago, kiki18 said:

Theres a discount code for  50% off the mini mirror its FESTIVALFEVER50. 

I always take a glass mirror but now with these extra checks i'm torn whether to buy one of these!

Ooof fab just buying one now! i will still take my compact mirror as well; but in case that gets taken off me I will use this as I wear contacts so have to have a mirror!

On 2017-6-7 at 5:29 PM, gfest2009 said:

"Tiny" fold down camp chairs:

http://www.thisisitstores.co.uk/lightweight-aluminium-camping-chairs-all.html

Just got one to check it and going to order a second now!

Also slightly cheaper/heavier ones of the exact same style here:
http://www.thisisitstores.co.uk/ultralight-camping-chairs-all.html

These are great and mine has done me proud for the last two Glastonburys. Small and light enough to go in a day bag and comfy enough to have an extended sit down. One thing to note is that the legs vanish into any mud, but putting beer cups under each leg soves this. Obviously, this year, the ground will be baked hard, so shouldn't be a problem.

4 hours ago, devonhammer said:

These are great and mine has done me proud for the last two Glastonburys. Small and light enough to go in a day bag and comfy enough to have an extended sit down. One thing to note is that the legs vanish into any mud, but putting beer cups under each leg soves this. Obviously, this year, the ground will be baked hard, so shouldn't be a problem.

Haha, thanks for the top tip. Now we'll just HAVE to buy a few pints :lol:

3 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Thanks for this, bargain! 

Just to say you ideally need  20000 mah to last the weekend if you have a smartphone x

• Upvote 1

On 6/9/2017 at 11:17 AM, Laurenkfj said:

Ooof fab just buying one now! i will still take my compact mirror as well; but in case that gets taken off me I will use this as I wear contacts so have to have a mirror!

Mirror arrived yesterday.  Very impressed - it looks like a normal mirror.  Wish I used the discount code - but never mind.

Thanks for the tip off on the mirror. I have just ordered one. I was quite worried I would end up without one for my contacts (and my whiskers!)

3 hours ago, Jules62 said:

Just to say you ideally need  20000 mah to last the weekend if you have a smartphone x

Our 20,000 easily lasted 2 of us last year.

3 hours ago, Jules62 said:

Thanks, I have an Anker one which is as powerful as this, but bought this one as a back up for friends etc using my main one! 

I think some of the problems about power banks come from dodgy ebay sellers claiming 100000mAh. They are often not even close. I bought one, it claims 50000mAh yet it only charges my phone about 4 times before giving up the ghost. Ok so it's handy but it's not 50000mAh. 

I also have an Aukey 20000 mAh. Loads better. 

5 hours ago, amfy said:

Thanks for the tip off on the mirror. I have just ordered one. I was quite worried I would end up without one for my contacts (and my whiskers!)

HA! That was another use I needed it for too :D

Pleased to hear it's decent on arrival!

I mentioned this product last year;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Make-Up-Mirror-Cosmetic-Folding-Portable-Compact-Pocket-with-8-LED-Lights-/111856716658?var=&hash=item1a0b2e0b72:m:m_d941MUBWb84FDyUaN2wHw

It is an ideal device for some night time guerilla snorting. You can even check your nose in the mirror afterwards for any signs of powder.

It has only just occurred to me that this is probably a glass mirror. Even if it is, surely it would be OK to bring because the glass is encased. Possibly not. Not sure. I haven't got one for this year in any case.

Did the rounds yesterday for some bits and bobs and found:

Asda have 2 folding chairs with cup holder for £10 and double air beds for £12

tesco had a double air bed with build in foot pump for £13

Where has the 'no glass mirror' come from, I can see from the glasto suggested packing list there's no glass bottles (even perfume etc) but can't see about mirrors?

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I mentioned this product last year;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Make-Up-Mirror-Cosmetic-Folding-Portable-Compact-Pocket-with-8-LED-Lights-/111856716658?var=&hash=item1a0b2e0b72:m:m_d941MUBWb84FDyUaN2wHw

It is an ideal device for some night time guerilla snorting. You can even check your nose in the mirror afterwards for any signs of powder.

It has only just occurred to me that this is probably a glass mirror. Even if it is, surely it would be OK to bring because the glass is encased. Possibly not. Not sure. I haven't got one for this year in any case.

Will be leaving mine at home this year, worked a treat last time, thanks, as it looks like all our bags are going to be searched seems pointless to take it only to have it confiscated. 

Charm x

On 6/9/2017 at 11:40 AM, devonhammer said:

I considered buying one last year but the video showing how to put it up put me off as it looked a bit of a faff (especially after a few bevvies).  And I'm not the most dexterous person in the world to say the least.  How did you find it at first?