The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

23 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

gonna get the double version now, not sure how the built in foot pump works though!

and perhaps this may prevent the 'batteries dead' issue of previous years' lights http://www.millets.co.uk/equipment/195687-eurohike-6-led-wind-up-lantern.html

15 minutes ago, zico martin said:

i was gonna go for a blow up double mattress again this year but is this a smaller, just as effect option? And negates the need for a battery air pump?

its better than the roll out foam one but not quite up to the full blow up one somewhere in the middle, I used one last year and found it great as I was short on space and this was great, comfortable, lightweight and low volume. 

1 hour ago, zico martin said:

i was gonna go for a blow up double mattress again this year but is this a smaller, just as effect option? And negates the need for a battery air pump?

As already posted, it's not quite the airbed experience but it's nothing like the hassle either, weight or volume.

On 8 April 2016 at 5:22 PM, eastynh said:

Cheers everyone. It is a decent pop up one I am after really although that Outwell  one looks pretty funky. The idea of having to pitch a tent after a 5 hour drive and then 5 hours in a queue does not really appeal to me for some reason :-)

I have a vango pop 300 dlx.  Double skinned pop up, 3 man with a porch (so suitable for 1 or 2 people.

Has anyone any links for hooks for slinging over toilet doors? - I think they're S-shaped, so the side not hooking the door is where you hang your coat / bag.

I spotted them on here last year, but it was too close to the festival at that point to order...

26 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Has anyone any links for hooks for slinging over toilet doors? - I think they're S-shaped, so the side not hooking the door is where you hang your coat / bag.

I spotted them on here last year, but it was too close to the festival at that point to order...

They`re all over E of the Bay, sorry i don`t have a link but search s shaped hooks and you`ll find them :thumbsu:

32 minutes ago, Cieran said:

http://www.halfords.com/camping-leisure/camping/tents/aventura-4-man-tunnel-tent

Halfords 4 man tunnel tent is half price. £50 is a steal if you're going halves with someone.

This is the tent I've used for the past 2 years. It does seem to be a very popular one, I see it a lot.

It was meant for me and 1 friend in 2014 but another friend brought a pop up tent (big mistake) which leaked the first night so ended up housing her for the rest of the weekend, too. I had one side to myself but the girls seemed to be fine in the other side.

Only negative thing I have to say about this tent is that the door doesn't seem to reach all the way down to the floor so if you get that minging, heaving, sideways rain then you can get the middle "porch" quite wet and muddy. The bedrooms stay perfectly dry, though.

7 hours ago, zico martin said:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-41-family-tent-4-man-id_8294502.html

expecting to purchase this 'bargain' tomorrow, sufficient for the 2 of us?

I have this one. Yes, plenty of room for 2, with the bonus that you can stand up in the porch. In fact the first year we had it, it successfully housed the 2 of us plus our 3 year old.

Just been in Poundland & they have got all the items shown in the link in store currently.
I know a few people were after the silver emergency blankets & I picked myself up 1 of the 10ltr water carriers . Camt go wrong for £1 http://www.poundland.co.uk/leisure-and-entertainment/camping