The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

We're warming to the idea of taking a trolley in. Has anyone got any good recommendations for one to take? I'd like a sturdy one for a decent price.

I bought the one on the eFests shop and it was delivered in two days. It took seconds to put together and compacts down really impressively.

I haven't taken it to a festival yet but my flatmate transported me around on it just fine. Could carry several crates of beer without a problem no doubt.

We're warming to the idea of taking a trolley in. Has anyone got any good recommendations for one to take? I'd like a sturdy one for a decent price.

I have one from Robert Dyas (usually a discount code floating around so I paid £40). Holds up really well and carries a shit load of weight. Just make sure you bring spare split pins as the uneven ground can make them fall out. Handed a few out to people last time we went!

Hi Woffy, I've got an Anker E4, but there are other Ankers that have a greater charge.

I've ended up with two but my family isn't at Glastonbury.

• Upvote 1

I bought the one on the eFests shop and it was delivered in two days. It took seconds to put together and compacts down really impressively.

I haven't taken it to a festival yet but my flatmate transported me around on it just fine. Could carry several crates of beer without a problem no doubt.

Had one about 3 years, I can confirm it is a great trolley, just make sure you check nuts and bolts each year also don't forget to pump the tyres up.

Tip for any trolley, if the wheels are held by split pins make sure you bend the ends over.

Great piece of kit, I have the larger capacity one.

I had a 4 night break in Spain a couple of weeks ago, it did a full charge on my iPhone every night and a couple of top ups on my friends - it came back with 50% charge still available. Definitely recommended

This has gone in another thread, but I feel it also deserves a place here if it's as good as its reviews suggest

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolson-61762-9-LED-Torch-Pieces/dp/B003VIW43O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433711253&sr=8-1&keywords=head+torch

Thanks for the trolley suggestions too!

We want to spend under £30 on one (ambitious I know) but if there's nothing out there that does the job then we'll do without.

Edited by The Placid Casual

Bizarre :)

Just bought one of these. Plus some Bamboo socks, Eyemask, 72 led light strip for tent, led tent lantern, 40 battery powered fairy lights, gaffer tape, a hexi stove and 5 foil blankets.....

This thread gets quite expensive :)

Hi All,

I've bought this one...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F5Q4F0U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Managed to get it on sale for £18.99, i think the price fluctuates so it's worth checking every now and then.

Lasts about 6-7 days, charging my iphone from 0% to full once a day.

Anyone know of a decent cheap day pack.......

Thanks

Dave

Hi All,

I've bought this one...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F5Q4F0U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Managed to get it on sale for £18.99, i think the price fluctuates so it's worth checking every now and then.

Lasts about 6-7 days, charging my iphone from 0% to full once a day.

Anyone know of a decent cheap day pack.......

Thanks

Dave

you got it for 18.99? bollocks, paid a tenner more than that. great purchase though. very much looking forward to being able to use my proper phone/internet/camera etc and not having to use a shitty one, although i'm gonna have to be extremely careful not to lose it

Agree with this. I also have one and moved a load of 3m railway sleepers with it. Good stuff.

Has anybody found a camping (ie not glass) mirror?

Have always taken small ordinary mirror in a plastic compact ( with an internal mini light - helpful in the tent). I know it's glass but it stays in my bag in the tent.