lazzareo

The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

39 minutes ago, brandycoke said:

You'd be genuinely lucky to get a half bottle at that price here in Scotland.

They're looking after our health..bless em.

Is it true (or an unholy rumour) that they haven't taxed Buckfast?  What on earth is going on with you folk with taxing the bollocks out of drink. The fucking bunch of (probably hypocritical) weigh anchors that came up with that one, should be incarcerated in a mental institute. 

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Is it true (or an unholy rumour) that they haven't taxed Buckfast?  What on earth is going on with you folk with taxing the bollocks out of drink. The fucking bunch of (probably hypocritical) weigh anchors that came up with that one, should be incarcerated in a mental institute. 

Hi Yog, yes think you're right about the Buckfast thing there , the idea is that we have less alcoholics  here, when infact they'll just find another source.(probably Buckfast)

Formerly cheap vodka like Glens is now the same price as Smirnoff , so bit of a no brainer if you drink vodka.

I see a business opportunity for us here, you be the brains ,and i'll do the rest,...or the other way around ,whatever. 😉

51 minutes ago, brandycoke said:

Hi Yog, yes think you're right about the Buckfast thing there , the idea is that we have less alcoholics  here, when infact they'll just find another source.(probably Buckfast)

Formerly cheap vodka like Glens is now the same price as Smirnoff , so bit of a no brainer if you drink vodka.

I see a business opportunity for us here, you be the brains ,and i'll do the rest,...or the other way around ,whatever. 😉

I must say that I don't envy you brandycoke.  It's politics gone mad. Like off the scale mad. I could give an example of how mad it is, but you're already there, so there's no need. 

In terms of profiteering, you really don't need my assistance - especially as I don't live near the border. The chance to profiteer from this situation is guaranteed. That it will affect the Scottish tourist business negatively is also guaranteed.  Makes you wonder what 'forces' were behind this all? 

All the best. :)