The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

I think some of the problems about power banks come from dodgy ebay sellers claiming 100000mAh. They are often not even close. I bought one, it claims 50000mAh yet it only charges my phone about 4 times before giving up the ghost. Ok so it's handy but it's not 50000mAh. 

I also have an Aukey 20000 mAh. Loads better. 

I mentioned this product last year;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Make-Up-Mirror-Cosmetic-Folding-Portable-Compact-Pocket-with-8-LED-Lights-/111856716658?var=&hash=item1a0b2e0b72:m:m_d941MUBWb84FDyUaN2wHw

It is an ideal device for some night time guerilla snorting. You can even check your nose in the mirror afterwards for any signs of powder.

It has only just occurred to me that this is probably a glass mirror. Even if it is, surely it would be OK to bring because the glass is encased. Possibly not. Not sure. I haven't got one for this year in any case.

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I mentioned this product last year;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Make-Up-Mirror-Cosmetic-Folding-Portable-Compact-Pocket-with-8-LED-Lights-/111856716658?var=&hash=item1a0b2e0b72:m:m_d941MUBWb84FDyUaN2wHw

It is an ideal device for some night time guerilla snorting. You can even check your nose in the mirror afterwards for any signs of powder.

It has only just occurred to me that this is probably a glass mirror. Even if it is, surely it would be OK to bring because the glass is encased. Possibly not. Not sure. I haven't got one for this year in any case.

Will be leaving mine at home this year, worked a treat last time, thanks, as it looks like all our bags are going to be searched seems pointless to take it only to have it confiscated. 

Charm x

On 6/9/2017 at 11:40 AM, devonhammer said:

These are great and mine has done me proud for the last two Glastonburys. Small and light enough to go in a day bag and comfy enough to have an extended sit down. One thing to note is that the legs vanish into any mud, but putting beer cups under each leg soves this. Obviously, this year, the ground will be baked hard, so shouldn't be a problem.

I considered buying one last year but the video showing how to put it up put me off as it looked a bit of a faff (especially after a few bevvies).  And I'm not the most dexterous person in the world to say the least.  How did you find it at first?

11 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I considered buying one last year but the video showing how to put it up put me off as it looked a bit of a faff (especially after a few bevvies).  And I'm not the most dexterous person in the world to say the least.  How did you find it at first?

I have a couple of these chairs and they are dead easy, take it out and all you have to do is give it a bit of a shake and the legs pretty much drop into place, putting the seat on for the first time is a bit tricky as it's a tight fit but it soon loosens up. They are very light and small and were a god send when sitting on the ground was not an option

1 minute ago, Bubblecup said:

I have a couple of these chairs and they are dead easy, take it out and all you have to do is give it a bit of a shake and the legs pretty much drop into place, putting the seat on for the first time is a bit tricky as it's a tight fit but it soon loosens up. They are very light and small and were a god send when sitting on the ground was not an option

Yeah - wish I'd had one last year now!  But usually managed to find a perch in a bar - and at the outside circus when it wasn't raining!  It would mean having a bigger day bag though so will have a think about it.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

No glass full stop is the rule

Weirdly - it isn't, but if they find a glass mirror in your luggage you will lose this argument. I have heard of people incurring a much more thorough search because security found just a tiny mirror inside a make up compact.

The actual rule is 'No glass bottles and this includes perfume bottles'. There is absolutely no mention of mirrors.

I have said before that this is an odd one. People will be all over the site with their glasses (the type you see with) and with glass phones, and these will (obviously) not be taken off you. However, a decent sized facial mirror, which won't leave your tent, and if you broke it you would have to find a way of clearing for your own safety, will be taken off you.

I totally appreciate the point about it being a farm and the site needs to remain safe for the cows. It also has to remain safe for those of us that love a barefoot dance - but the policy is about as clear as Theresa May!

22 hours ago, Jules62 said:

Just to say you ideally need  20000 mah to last the weekend if you have a smartphone x

most smartphone batteries are around 2700mah, so that would get you 7+ charges, which shouldn't really be necessary unless you're using loads of data/internet and have the screen brightness up high.

I put my phone on flightmode overnight, and turned off data for long periods during the day when I didn't need it, and although i took loads of photos and videos, I only had to charge my phone twice over the whole festival.

1 minute ago, Anderson19 said:

I always thought so aswell, but when I had a quick look on the website the other day I didn't see aerosols listed as banned. 

Only festival I've seen aerosols banned is Reading and Leeds. Could you really imagine thousands giving up their dry shampoo. Not me.

2 hours ago, SighMo said:

Got a double duvet for £2.75 and a single for £2.50 from the Tesco 'clearance' rack at Tesco, Tower Park in Poole. 

They get those cheap as 'used / as new'from HMP Parkhurst over on the Isle of Wight.

• Upvote 1