The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

1 hour ago, ilovelanegan said:

Impressed with this- great for a recent park trip. You still have to get up and down off the floor but the back support helps a lot! 

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15984367/eurohike-anywhere-chair-15984367

Or further back in the thread there are some folding/ collapsible chair options too 

Love, love, love these floor chairs! Used one for years, couldn't recommend it more highly. You can flex it into a day bag but is quite ridged so doesn't actually fold. It has handles so you could just carry it or pop in a tote bag. It's just so nice to lean back against something! 

2 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Had the same name and description. I just needed anything so clicked buy now with very little research

It’s a good tent, no problem there, but if you want the fresh and black, it’s worth the extra £27 if you can get one from Next. You could always cancel/return the one you’ve ordered. I have it in f&b and it’s  great 👍 

18 minutes ago, Skelts said:

It’s a good tent, no problem there, but if you want the fresh and black, it’s worth the extra £27 if you can get one from Next. You could always cancel/return the one you’ve ordered. I have it in f&b and it’s  great 👍 

Has anyone ordered this from Next before? I presume it'll be fine but a little nervous about the fact it's over £30 cheaper than direct from Decathlon. Obviously if it's legit then great!

Also, while I'm here, I understand how the 'Black' part of F&B works, but not quite clear on the 'Fresh' part. How does it manage to keep the bedroom of the tent cooler? I've seen images where it seems to open a small amount at the back so just wondering if you're exposed to the elements (& potentially unwanted arms/bugs creeping in) if you want to keep it fresh?

Just now, Troy McClure said:

Has anyone ordered this from Next before? I presume it'll be fine but a little nervous about the fact it's over £30 cheaper than direct from Decathlon. Obviously if it's legit then great!

Also, while I'm here, I understand how the 'Black' part of F&B works, but not quite clear on the 'Fresh' part. How does it manage to keep the bedroom of the tent cooler? I've seen images where it seems to open a small amount at the back so just wondering if you're exposed to the elements (& potentially unwanted arms/bugs creeping in) if you want to keep it fresh?

I think the 'fresh' comes from a reflective coating (the white side of the tent) and then also ventilation options. On my older model you can open a section at the back and sides by unzipping something, then pulling a string to raise the back of the tent to let a breeze in (ideally!). If you did this it would make it possible for someone to reach in so I always leave valuables at the other end of my tent while I'm sleeping. It is great for ventilation though, and if it's a worry you don't have to use it.

3 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Also, while I'm here, I understand how the 'Black' part of F&B works, but not quite clear on the 'Fresh' part. How does it manage to keep the bedroom of the tent cooler? I've seen images where it seems to open a small amount at the back so just wondering if you're exposed to the elements (& potentially unwanted arms/bugs creeping in) if you want to keep it 

In my 2 man, there are zip openings in both sides and the back of the tent, the side openings have flaps that you can hook onto guyropes which prevent the rain coming in. Also the inner door has a flysheet section at the top so bugs won't come in that way but it's mesh so lets air through. I've not had any issues with bugs personally, but tend to close the inner door as it comes to evening time. Zip openings remain open until bedtime!

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

Taking the advise here and ordered the fresh and black one. Holding on to the other one just in case it doesn't arrive in time

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

If you trawl through the fresh & black thread, several people have ordered via Next and it’s legit, the same product. The fresh bit is a white reflective coating. It really does work. 

1 hour ago, offmytrolley said:

I think the 'fresh' comes from a reflective coating (the white side of the tent) and then also ventilation options. On my older model you can open a section at the back and sides by unzipping something, then pulling a string to raise the back of the tent to let a breeze in (ideally!). If you did this it would make it possible for someone to reach in so I always leave valuables at the other end of my tent while I'm sleeping. It is great for ventilation though, and if it's a worry you don't have to use it.

1 hour ago, EMorgz92 said:

In my 2 man, there are zip openings in both sides and the back of the tent, the side openings have flaps that you can hook onto guyropes which prevent the rain coming in. Also the inner door has a flysheet section at the top so bugs won't come in that way but it's mesh so lets air through. I've not had any issues with bugs personally, but tend to close the inner door as it comes to evening time. Zip openings remain open until bedtime!

39 minutes ago, Skelts said:

If you trawl through the fresh & black thread, several people have ordered via Next and it’s legit, the same product. The fresh bit is a white reflective coating. It really does work. 

Thanks all, that's extremely helpful!

Does anyone take reflective 'space blankets', and if so do they do much in terms of keeping things cool? Coming down on the coach so don't have space for a proper coolbox/bag. Not expecting to have nice chilled drinks by any means, but covering up a few cans so they don't get really hot would be a nice bonus!

1 minute ago, Troy McClure said:

Does anyone take reflective 'space blankets', and if so do they do much in terms of keeping things cool? Coming down on the coach so don't have space for a proper coolbox/bag. Not expecting to have nice chilled drinks by any means, but covering up a few cans so they don't get really hot would be a nice bonus!

Find just putting then under your ground sheet works enough to keep then slighty cold, can't see a space blanket being much better tbh

2 minutes ago, lukemack said:

Find just putting then under your ground sheet works enough to keep then slighty cold, can't see a space blanket being much better tbh

+1 for this, the ground gets cold at night and conducts heat away from the cans, and the tent keeps the sun off. I keep them under the groundsheet at the edge/corner of my tent where I never sit/stand.

6 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

I would think bubblewrap would be far better insulation actually.

15 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Yes, see here...

Also here

Edited by clarkete