The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I how tall Is it? 

Not very- this is a photo of it assembled 

good for putting camping gaz stove on etc 

comes in little carry case

2C48F24B-E41A-4A93-B10F-0DC9506D81B6.jpeg

CEA7BCBE-9360-4421-8D1C-90FB37131CEE.jpeg

Edited by sedra
Added photo

4 hours ago, MaseTMT said:

A whole table….not sure how essential at a festival but could come in handy lol

It’s only small and light and comes in a carry bag we can stick on trolley- we are camping in Sticklinch so near to car park and I have difficulty with hip at moment so can’t sit on ground very easily hence opting for less walking camping option instead of our usual Kidney Mead set up. 😀

6 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

Yes but for makeup that's a right pain plus you can't hang it up in the tent 

Never once managed to do makeup in the burning inferno of a tent (going F&B this year though, so who knows!). I normally find an eyeshadow pallet with mirror or a small mirror compact whilst seated on a camp chair with a breakfast cider to be the best bet.  Plus then you can discuss "the look" with your friends and get in on some good glitter (biodegradable) action, or similar.  Just don't want you to regret taking something you may not use!

Tent campers i seriously recommend buying a footprint groundsheet.

Gives an extra layer of protection (and waterproofness) from anything sharp piercing the bottom of the tent.

Stops the bottom of the tent getting wet/muddy. (It’s much easier to clean a ground sheet when you get home than the bottom of your tent)

Gives you some clean and dry floorspace to pack all your stuff (including your tent) away before you depart for home.

34 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Gives an extra layer of protection (and waterproofness) from anything sharp piercing the bottom of the tent.

Stops the bottom of the tent getting wet/muddy. (It’s much easier to clean a ground sheet when you get home than the bottom of your tent)

Gives you some clean and dry floorspace to pack all your stuff (including your tent) away before you depart for home.

Do you use a custom size footprint sheet for your tent, or a more generic rectangular sheet?

I'm just having a look at this now, doesn't look like Decathlon do a footprint for the tent I'm planning to buy. 

2 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

Do you use a custom size footprint sheet for your tent, or a more generic rectangular sheet?

I'm just having a look at this now, doesn't look like Decathlon do a footprint for the tent I'm planning to buy. 

I did exactly this for my trip last weekend and it's a great idea, made it really easy to pack up too.  Forget searching for tent footprints, just go to Screwfix and get a tarpaulin that's roughly the right size.  It'll be about half the price of a tent footprint.  The one we got had plenty of eye holes to peg it out, we just had to fold one end over to be able to get the tent pegs in.  

Edited by Skelts
spelling

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

Mine is one i saved from a old vango tent. It’s a bit big but i just tuck it under once the tent is up

2 minutes ago, Skelts said:

I did exactly this for my trip last weekend and it's a great idea, made it really easy to pack up too.  Forget searching for tent footprints, just go to Screwfix and get a tarpaulin that's roughly the right size.  It'll be about half the price of a tent footprint.  The one we got had plenty of eye holes to peg it out, we just had to fold one end over to be able to get the tent pegs in.  

Good idea

5 hours ago, marktea said:

Got a similar one to this. I basically connect all potentially losable valuables to myself before going out for the night at festivals 😂 

• Upvote 1