The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

They are usually well stocked with ponchos and wellies. Lifesaver for me in 2011. I was completely unprepared. 

There’s a lot of kids at Glasto so there probably will be a stall near the kidzfield or family camping for those supplies. Plus the co-op should be back this year too. 

Not sure if camplight is there this year as they have been taken off the latest version of the map but they sell airbeds, sleeping bags and possibly even tents. 

I can’t believe they still do camplight / maybe they don’t but the idea seems to just scream abandon your stuff as it means you leave with more than you can with and if you can’t be bothered to carry it in, it seems a low chance you’d carry it out.

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

I can’t believe they still do camplight / maybe they don’t but the idea seems to just scream abandon your stuff as it means you leave with more than you can with and if you can’t be bothered to carry it in, it seems a low chance you’d carry it out.

If I remember rightly they had a deposit scheme so you would return items to them before leaving. There’s also been times when people have needed new tents or other camping equipment due to onsite mishaps. 

If you’re coming down by coach you can load your bag with beer and take a tent home instead of having to worry about squeezing it all in for a single journey. 

7 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

What expected delivery dates have people got for their mystery boxes? I’ve got between the 1st and 9th of June. 

I’m hoping I get something that can be used at the festival. 

Mines saying 9th June. Could do with a power bank now that Anker one is back up to £40 🤣

6 hours ago, gfa said:

Used one of the Camplight tents at my first Glastonbury. Was travelling on the coach all the way from Scotland with my then 11 year old daughter. She couldn’t carry too much, and we needed a large two compartment tent. Hear what you are saying about abandoning stuff, but isn’t the opposite true? Camplight were a godsend for me that year, their facility allowed me to ensure we were capable of taking everything home. Don’t think they’re at Glastonbury any more though, which I think is a shame.

8 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

If I remember rightly they had a deposit scheme so you would return items to them before leaving. There’s also been times when people have needed new tents or other camping equipment due to onsite mishaps. 

If you’re coming down by coach you can load your bag with beer and take a tent home instead of having to worry about squeezing it all in for a single journey. 

Very good point with the second bit (i thought some camping stores would sell new tents etc though, maybe not tents i guess)

2 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Used one of the Camplight tents at my first Glastonbury. Was travelling on the coach all the way from Scotland with my then 11 year old daughter. She couldn’t carry too much, and we needed a large two compartment tent. Hear what you are saying about abandoning stuff, but isn’t the opposite true? Camplight were a godsend for me that year, their facility allowed me to ensure we were capable of taking everything home. Don’t think they’re at Glastonbury any more though, which I think is a shame.

Fair enough that's true actually - i bet its especially useful for disabled people too. I jumped the gun a bit 😄 

15 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ll pick one up when I’m on site. Reasonably cheap and come in a bag, I’ve been using the one I got in 2017 and it’s still going strong. No problem taking it home again once my bag doesn’t have any alcohol left in it. 

Get your tent set up and then have a wander towards the markets.

I would do that but I'm off camping next weekend to try out the new tent so wanted it for then.

Hey Guys.

First time poster here, just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a trolley? Second time going to Glasto (can't wait) but trying to avoid my hands getting cut to ribbons like last time.

To date the best I've found is this one 

https://www.mowermagic.co.uk/acatalog/Sherpa-Medium-Garden-Cart-SMGT.html

For reference it's to transport beers and anything else we can't fit in our bags. 

Thanks in advance.

48 minutes ago, Wirral Toffee said:

Hey Guys.

First time poster here, just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a trolley? Second time going to Glasto (can't wait) but trying to avoid my hands getting cut to ribbons like last time.

For reference it's to transport beers and anything else we can't fit in our bags. 

Thanks in advance.

Everyone’s got their own views on trolleys. 
I’m firmly in the sack truck camp. More solid, manoueverable, loose things can be put in plastic crates which keeps them dry

1 hour ago, Wirral Toffee said:

Hey Guys.

Thanks in advance.

39 minutes ago, tarw said:

Everyone’s got their own views on trolleys. 
I’m firmly in the sack truck camp. More solid, manoueverable, loose things can be put in plastic crates which keeps them dry

Another vote for a good sack trolley here - so much more reliable for the terrain. Ours has been to every festival since 2008 and is still going strong.

5 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Bought a 5pack pack of fake eyelashes, eyeliner pencil, mascara, and a plastic compact mirror for touchups.

I haven’t bought any for so long, it was a long overdue refresh! I’ve also bought an unbreakable camping mirror 💪

On 3/9/2022 at 12:24 PM, balthazarstarbuck said:

Walking past the shite trolleys with broken wheels in the queue is always a sorry sight. The first casualty of the festival.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Especially when you know none of them will be taken home on the Monday.

On 5/17/2022 at 3:20 PM, Kalopsia said:

I'm in need of some good quality walking shoes or boots, any bargains about at the moment?

I bought Altberg Defenders from eBay. Paid about £40. Available in Female and Male.

They had a gouge on the toe cap and a bit of mud on the sole but inside was pristine.

They are light, waterproof, stable and don't get overly hot. I wear them in the woods and fields and they're brilliant. I get blisters really easily and have not had anything from these.

They are 18 months old now and they look great for it.

16531190091838855591056706579607.jpg

5 hours ago, sedra said:

I got one of these tables at the ALDI special buy’s aisle. It’s a bit fiddly to put up and is meant to have 2 heights but could only work out one but it is light weight 

FBE74DB3-9725-414A-AE3B-79BED3BECA84.png

A whole table….not sure how essential at a festival but could come in handy lol