The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

1 hour ago, Neil said:

I just bought a mystery electronics box from amazon for a penny, might contain, tablet, phone, games controller mini fridge, drone, camera and more, I don't find out until it arrives

I’d imagine it’ll never arrive 

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’d imagine it’ll never arrive 

its on amazon, so i reckon something will arrive, maybe not as good as i was hoping, i reckon anything that does arrive will be cheap and nasty rubbish.

14 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Can anyone recommend a camping pillow?

I've posted this in here before.  It's just a lovely soft pillowcase, about half size which you stuff with your clothes at the end of the day.  Does the job perfectly and takes no space or weight. 

I suspect if you wanted a cheap equivalent you could just buy a full sized microfibre pillow case and use as is, or fold over.

https://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/389-Therm-A-Rest-Trekker-Pillow-Case-Grey-Print/

43 minutes ago, Neil said:

its on amazon, so i reckon something will arrive, maybe not as good as i was hoping, i reckon anything that does arrive will be cheap and nasty rubbish.

Given it a go too, just for fun and comparison 

Edited by spg
Remove a word

8 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

The description says "Note ! ! There is no box. have fun. 

I'm worried you've all been scammed out of the postage. Hopefully something arrives!

Not sure scammed would be the right word, given people are willingly walking into this knowing they're unlikely to get anything worth keeping.

On 5/14/2022 at 12:44 PM, FloorFiller said:

Bought one as well. Can’t wait to get my box of absolute bullshit. 

I bought an adjustable kettlebell during the height of lockdown and what arrived was a terrible waterbottle shaped like a dumbbell. My friends made me keep it to mock me. 

45 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

The description says "Note ! ! There is no box. have fun. 

I'm worried you've all been scammed out of the postage. Hopefully something arrives!

Amazon would just refund if its a scam anyway, it seems to have lots of reviews im sure its ok. probably means the item is unboxed.

Edited by gfa

Just now, Earth_pig said:

I'm on the hunt for easy to carry camp chairs

I’ll pick one up when I’m on site. Reasonably cheap and come in a bag, I’ve been using the one I got in 2017 and it’s still going strong. No problem taking it home again once my bag doesn’t have any alcohol left in it. 

Get your tent set up and then have a wander towards the markets.

9 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ll pick one up when I’m on site. Reasonably cheap and come in a bag, I’ve been using the one I got in 2017 and it’s still going strong. No problem taking it home again once my bag doesn’t have any alcohol left in it. 

How much roughly, if you can remember?

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

How much roughly, if you can remember?

Wish I could remember. It was 5 years ago and I still had a working memory then. I know it wasn’t pricy enough to put off a Yorkshireman from getting out his wallet. 

The markets are great for picking up last minute essentials. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Any idea on what other must-have items could be picked up the markets?

Travelling with a baby and I’d like to minimise the amount of stuff we’re carrying to site - we’ll have more room travelling back after we’ve exhausted our nappy and wet wipe supply.

Just now, Raindawg said:

Any idea on what other must-have items could be picked up the markets?

Travelling with a baby and I’d like to minimise the amount of stuff we’re carrying to site - we’ll have more room travelling back after we’ve exhausted our nappy and wet wipe supply.

They are usually well stocked with ponchos and wellies. Lifesaver for me in 2011. I was completely unprepared. 

There’s a lot of kids at Glasto so there probably will be a stall near the kidzfield or family camping for those supplies. Plus the co-op should be back this year too. 

Not sure if camplight is there this year as they have been taken off the latest version of the map but they sell airbeds, sleeping bags and possibly even tents. 

• Thanks 1