The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

As I have a Fresh & Black tent, there's a problem with the tent being dark even during the day. This is compounded by the fact that I can't bring myself to spend much on a lamp when I'm only going to use it for five days every year. I think I may have found a solution:

Image 1 - NITELITE SUPER BRIGHT COB LED MINI HEAVY DUTY  WORK LIGHT 

I bought this from Home Bargains today for £2.99. It appears to be very bright, and has a hook which seems perfect for hooking on the loop in my tent. They also had this for £3.99: https://www.homebargains.co.uk/products/18323-nitelite-ultra-bright-cob-led-collapsible-lantern.aspx if you want the light in all directions.

4 minutes ago, FrankieX said:

As I have a Fresh & Black tent, there's a problem with the tent being dark even during the day.

My mate is borrowing my F&B for the festival. I’m not going to warn him about this, just for the lolz

Aldi's first camping event begins next Thursday, and is in their latest leaflet:

https://leaflets.aldi.co.uk/view/937797451/6/

Nothing is particularly leaping out at me. Perhaps the walking boots for £19.99 which claim "180 minutes waterproof"? People should note that the self-inflating mat is the 'compact' version (1" thick, 5'4" long) rather than the full-size one which they typically sell in their mid-June camping special buys.

31 minutes ago, FrankieX said:

Aldi's first camping event begins next Thursday, and is in their latest leaflet:

Nothing is particularly leaping out at me. Perhaps the walking boots for £19.99 which claim "180 minutes waterproof"? People should note that the self-inflating mat is the 'compact' version (1" thick, 5'4" long) rather than the full-size one which they typically sell in their mid-June camping special buys.

2 person tent. They are having a laugh. I couldn't even get me in that tent let alone the Mrs as well. 

39 minutes ago, FrankieX said:

Thanks for sharing this, i'll defo pop down to my local one and take a look next week

nice one on the mat too, didnt realise it wasnt a full one, i'll go check it out next week

8 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

2 person tent. They are having a laugh. I couldn't even get me in that tent let alone the Mrs as well. 

Hahahah, totally, they cant claim thats a 2 person.

2 hours ago, FrankieX said:

Anyone know how tall that folding table is? Table top is 58cm x 58cm but no figure for height. 

13 hours ago, FrankieX said:

As I have a Fresh & Black tent, there's a problem with the tent being dark even during the day. This is compounded by the fact that I can't bring myself to spend much on a lamp when I'm only going to use it for five days every year. I think I may have found a solution:

Image 1 - NITELITE SUPER BRIGHT COB LED MINI HEAVY DUTY  WORK LIGHT 

I bought this from Home Bargains today for £2.99. It appears to be very bright, and has a hook which seems perfect for hooking on the loop in my tent. They also had this for £3.99: https://www.homebargains.co.uk/products/18323-nitelite-ultra-bright-cob-led-collapsible-lantern.aspx if you want the light in all directions.

Thank you ill grab one if these when im next in town, I've always found laterns work better than normal torches and head torch's in tents as you can hook them up. Also Laterns are 360 so you dont realy have to worry about where you put it on the floor.

On 5/10/2022 at 1:05 PM, AGD said:

Thanks for this. Was on the fence about getting a Eurohike 85L but with the discount code it's less than £25. Absolute bargain and thanks for the code which also worked with a couple of other things I needed.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 2:11 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

DC53F8E9-183F-4E0D-A203-EC7D2A15B5DC.thumb.jpeg.98de062dfb8827877d9e3d852116cb91.jpeg

Hopefully these bastards stay in their poly bags and arnt required. 

I've got that exact one which I got at the same price few years back.  It is good and strong and keeps wind out as well as rain.  I've not used it often though and hope not to again this year.

12 hours ago, ukmountie said:

Thanks for this. Was on the fence about getting a Eurohike 85L but with the discount code it's less than £25. Absolute bargain and thanks for the code which also worked with a couple of other things I needed.

Hey, I ordered this cos I saw it posted on here earlier this week and it has just arrived today. I’m really pleased with it! 🥳 Plus the little bag on the front is a good size for a day bag - so win-win! 

7 hours ago, Cbobs12 said:

Hey, I ordered this cos I saw it posted on here earlier this week and it has just arrived today. I’m really pleased with it! 🥳 Plus the little bag on the front is a good size for a day bag - so win-win! 

Yes, thank you for this. Mine arrived yesterday and looks perfect. I was confused by the main straps being hidden behind the cover when I opened it up - it was a long day!

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Yes, thank you for this. Mine arrived yesterday and looks perfect. I was confused by the main straps being hidden behind the cover when I opened it up - it was a long day!

🤣 Same! Then took me a while to work out where you tuck the cover away too. But I refused to be outwitted by a rucksack!

47 minutes ago, Cbobs12 said:

🤣 Same! Then took me a while to work out where you tuck the cover away too. But I refused to be outwitted by a rucksack!

If someone (obviously not me) was facing that same conundrum, where would you tell them to tuck the cover away?

On 5/12/2022 at 9:28 PM, Twiggy553 said:
  On 5/12/2022 at 9:22 PM, FrankieX said:

As I have a Fresh & Black tent, there's a problem with the tent being dark even during the day.

Who is in the tent during the day though? I don't get those people who go back to get changed or whatever, once I'm awake I'm out and about and don't come back until the night is finished and I can't keep my eyes open any longer!

3 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Who is in the tent during the day though? I don't get those people who go back to get changed or whatever, once I'm awake I'm out and about and don't come back until the night is finished and I can't keep my eyes open any longer!

A mid afternoon recharge when there's no act you want to see if vital to keep going through to 6am each night

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

If someone (obviously not me) was facing that same conundrum, where would you tell them to tuck the cover away?

I would tell them (obviously not you 😉) to look for the little velcro pouch at the bottom, roll it up and stick it in there. 

I just bought a mystery electronics box from amazon for a penny, might contain, tablet, phone, games controller mini fridge, drone, camera and more, I don't find out until it arrives

12 minutes ago, Neil said:

I just bought a mystery electronics box from amazon for a penny, might contain, tablet, phone, games controller mini fridge, drone, camera and more, I don't find out until it arrives

Link?