The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

On 5/14/2019 at 5:24 PM, wetwipes said:

Paper soap revolutionised my festival goings. After decades of Glasto-going and never having heard of such a concept, I got a "festival kit" present from a friend with them in it. SO much better for cleaning your hands after loos than sanitiser gel. Rub your hands together with a sheet or two under running water and it dissolves into lather. Tiny pack you can carry in a bumbag.  "Cheeky Chimp Paper Soap" will find them for you on eBay and the likes. 

s-l400 (1).jpg

Just received a few packs of this very soap. Bloody brilliant idea! Top tip! Maybe you should change your username!!?

• Upvote 1

We have this large polystyrene lab transport box as a cool box. The walls are about 4cm thick. Carefully packed with frozen food (eg bacon sausage) and frozen cans/ milk for tea we had cold drinks till Monday. Amazeballs.

Minimise the air gaps as the air gaps allow the heat to get in. I turned into a bit of a cool box Nazi over the weekend when mates (kept on!!) leaving the lid off. Gahhh! You like the cold beers don’t you? Put the bloody lid on!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Kashkin said:

People who pimp their tents with solar fairy lights, any specific product recommendations? And, how is best to attach the lights to the tent?

Bought a string of solar powered fairy lights for a fiver in home bargains. Cheap ones in all those discount Poundland style stores. Just wind them round poles, guy ropes etc.

4 hours ago, Kashkin said:

People who pimp their tents with solar fairy lights, any specific product recommendations? And, how is best to attach the lights to the tent?

Any cheapies from Homebargains are good, charge them up fully before you go and attach by threading around poles and I use pegs to attach to the top of the tent where poles aren’t visible 

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

poundland  are doing small fold up chairs, about a foot  long folded. Light as a feather and easy fit in a small rucksack. Ideal if ground is damp for a quick rest. 0810745D-EE61-41EC-93A7-ABF8558235BF.thumb.jpeg.4ecef5135aadec8c412b3849e5365f26.jpeg

they have miss sold it .... its a table isn't it ?

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

they have miss sold it .... its a table isn't it ?

My arse fits snugly on it and it doesn’t collapse so it’s a chair/table combo.

At least it’s not one of those big fold up chairs with build in drinks holders, arm rests, cushions, commode and alarm cord to call the nurse that you see frequenting the acoustic stage! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, stylishkids said:

https://www.ryman.co.uk/silicon-power-5000mah-power-bank

Picked up a couple of these power banks. Obviously not as good as the Anker ones but can’t go wrong at a fiver a pop. Hopefully two of them should make the phone last me the festival. 

good buy but not sure they will last the festival with modern phones ... might be worth looking up your phones battery capacity .... and seeing how many times it will go into 10,000 .... thats the number of charges you will get ..

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

good buy but not sure they will last the festival with modern phones ... might be worth looking up your phones battery capacity .... and seeing how many times it will go into 10,000 .... thats the number of charges you will get ..

Should be able to get just under four charges out of both of them. Won’t be hammering social media and the internet whilst I’m there so I reckon it should do me ?

Millets have a further 20% off of their sale is anyone’s still after a tent or the like too. Picked a decent 2 man tent up for just under £50 the other day