The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

28 minutes ago, Woffy said:

A fellow Glastonbury-goer (who’s a fine chap and a lurker around these parts) sent me this. Didn’t really get it at first, but it’s a cracking app; for finding your friends, or your tent when gillespied for that matter. 

https://what3words.com/

And your car on Monday. 

Could save hours!

Just now, Woffy said:

A fellow Glastonbury-goer (who’s a fine chap and a lurker around these parts) sent me this. Didn’t really get it at first, but it’s a cracking app; for finding your friends, or your tent when gillespied for that matter. 

https://what3words.com/

in a similar vein, we use three fixed points of reference to locate each other on site.... as 'left of the wolves flag' is quite a large area and may move

On 5/11/2019 at 5:18 PM, gratefulbread said:

Anybody use a double sleeping bag? Are they actually big enough for two people? Or pointless?

Ta

Used one for years (complete with built in pillows) and has served us well, only issue being combined body heat when the sun (sometimes) appears in the morning!

On 5/11/2019 at 11:54 AM, Sasperella said:

Does anyone have any recommendations on a little day-pack? I got this for 2017, and it saw me through Boomtown and Shambala, but is 100% NOT waterproof (and I lost one phone into the festival phone-abyss during a Boomtown storm because of it)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VWS8LO6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any suggestions welcome :)

I've also been wondering if a bum-bag would prevent me from losing my phone. Is this a good idea? Not sure it would really go with any of my planned outfits, but maybe that doesn't matter.....

This is my Quadra QX515. It's got waterproof zips and a 5litre capacity. Loads of hidden pockets and zips. It's my absolute essential festival item. I can ge them through my work but sure if you Google them, you can order one. Or I can probably order more from work. I just added a little embroidery to bling it up. It's not finished yet..... 

15579989162148854157848743870457.jpg

Can't remember which post but someone bought a disco glitter ball drinking cup from ASOS.

I went to buy one and found these at Very for £20 for 4. Making up the girls a good bag as it's their 1st time.

Any other suggestions of what else I can add? So far I have a glitter ball drinking cup and some paper soap.

glitter balls.png

4 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Can't remember which post but someone bought a disco glitter ball drinking cup from ASOS.

I went to buy one and found these at Very for £20 for 4. Making up the girls a good bag as it's their 1st time.

Any other suggestions of what else I can add? So far I have a glitter ball drinking cup and some paper soap.

Biodegradable glitter/facepaint
She Wee for a laugh
One of those compact mirrors which are not glass,
Depending on age - G and T/Wine in a can so they can have their first drink or something.
Emergency Poncho

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Divein said:

Biodegradable glitter/facepaint
She Wee for a laugh
One of those compact mirrors which are not glass,
Depending on age - G and T/Wine in a can so they can have their first drink or something.
Emergency Poncho

I've got some biodegradable glitter so that I can do it for them. Might be better to pop them one each in the bag actually.

Shee wee... great idea! 

On 5/11/2019 at 11:54 AM, Sasperella said:

Does anyone have any recommendations on a little day-pack? I got this for 2017, and it saw me through Boomtown and Shambala, but is 100% NOT waterproof (and I lost one phone into the festival phone-abyss during a Boomtown storm because of it)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VWS8LO6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any suggestions welcome :)

I've also been wondering if a bum-bag would prevent me from losing my phone. Is this a good idea? Not sure it would really go with any of my planned outfits, but maybe that doesn't matter.....

Surely a bumbag automatically upgrades any outfit?

12 hours ago, CeriG said:

glitter balls.png

They have these in Poundland for...yep! I bought the crescent shape as thought it handy for hands - reusable un-losable straw and comes in purpley chrome, silver and gold ?9A4177C5-B74A-4F19-BF55-8DFC2A493072.thumb.jpeg.d806f5dadaff0af1a45262b70eab249c.jpeg

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

They have these in Poundland for...yep! I bought the crescent shape as thought it handy for hands - reusable un-losable straw and comes in purpley chrome, silver and gold ?9A4177C5-B74A-4F19-BF55-8DFC2A493072.thumb.jpeg.d806f5dadaff0af1a45262b70eab249c.jpeg

Great buy!!! They're awesome! :-)

What do you reckon of taking a cool box? Was considering packing one with Ice en route to keep beers cool for the first couple of days. 

Driving, with sack trolley, so not too limited in what we can bring. I can't help but feel like it's a bit w*nky, but gone are the days of wanting to neck warm beer and cider for me. 

These are the things I think about while up early baking ?

20 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

What do you reckon of taking a cool box? Was considering packing one with Ice en route to keep beers cool for the first couple of days. 

Driving, with sack trolley, so not too limited in what we can bring. I can't help but feel like it's a bit w*nky, but gone are the days of wanting to neck warm beer and cider for me. 

We've done it before, great to still have ice cold drinks (and ice!) on Saturday. Taking one this year, but staying in Worthy View, so really easy to manage.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

Remember to pack the cool box with one lot of ice or blocks for at least 24hours before emptying and filling with the beer and fresh ice as this keeps it cooler much longer.

Edited by Gedh
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

Amazing advice, thank you ?

Oh and big blocks of ice last longer than cubes. You can freeze some plastic water bottles and put them amongst the beer as an addition. Of course more ice means less beer!!

3 minutes ago, Gedh said:

Oh and big blocks of ice last longer than cubes. You can freeze some plastic water bottles and put them amongst the beer as an addition. Of course more ice means less beer!!

and refrigerate the beer ahead of time... Keep it cool, not cool it..

58 minutes ago, Gedh said:

Freeze your mixers and other drinks you intend on taking anyway

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gratefulbread said:

If you take one of those silver foil blankets ( only a couple of quid on amazon) and wrap it around the box it will stay cool all weekend. 

• Upvote 1