The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

On 4/26/2019 at 9:26 PM, barkley87 said:

I was considering trainers but worried they wouldn't have the same support as walking shoes. Have you worn them for a Glasto and were your feet still OK by the end of the festival?

I wore for Bestival and they held up, although obviously Bestival is TINY in comparison to Glasto.... i plan on wearing them to Glasto this year though - although agree there isn't much in the way of support in them.

From Sunday, hidden in the car accessories, Lidl will have 20l packaway backpack for £4.99. They look decent as a day bag. Particularly if that is a usable pocket up against your back.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLidl.htm?articleId=22012&ar=11

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

Gambled on the Coleman Blackout tent.. well it's not a gamble going off the recommendations. Gonna give it a first test run the weekend after this one.

May also get that Blacks rucksack, I definitely need some better waist straps/support 

On 4/26/2019 at 1:26 PM, barkley87 said:

Got the link? I'd like to check it out.

I bought a new one after having to admit defeat on my beloved 65ltr one, I purchased one of Mountain Warehouses and traveled round India with it in Dec, there £30 now! fully recommend one with outer pockets , as this one does!

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/tor-65l-rucksack-p6694.aspx/

15 minutes ago, amyg1990 said:

I bought a new one after having to admit defeat on my beloved 65ltr one, I purchased one of Mountain Warehouses and traveled round India with it in Dec, there £30 now! fully recommend one with outer pockets , as this one does!

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/tor-65l-rucksack-p6694.aspx/

That's a really good deal. I've spent the glastonbury allocation of this month's pay on walking shoes though...hopefully it'll still be on offer in a month!

12 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

That's a really good deal. I've spent the glastonbury allocation of this month's pay on walking shoes though...hopefully it'll still be on offer in a month!

Yea I'd recommend. It took me a long time to find one because my original was so good but wasnt made anymore (backpacked for 2 years in it, plus 10years of festivals). This was the only one I found that was pretty much the same! No issues in India with it!

I also dont think I spent much on it when it wasnt on that offer in December tbh! 

This is one thats often forgotten about ... supermarket brands of suncream are often as good as the major suncream brands and an awful lot cheaper .... these were £3.50 each (other supermarkets are available ) dont end up with horrific sunburn or even worse skin cancer as you are very exposed on the farm 

IMG_3346.jpeg

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

This is one thats often forgotten about ... supermarket brands of suncream are often as good as the major suncream brands and an awful lot cheaper .... these were £3.50 each (other supermarkets are available ) dont end up with horrific sunburn or even worse skin cancer as you are very exposed on the farm 

Same goes for these. Supermarket brands of are often as good as the major brands and an awful lot cheaper.

809_01_1583.jpg

Don't end up with horrific syphilis or even worse AIDS as you are very exposed on the farm.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Same goes for these. Supermarket brands of are often as good as the major brands and an awful lot cheaper.

809_01_1583.jpg

Don't end up with horrific syphilis or even worse AIDS as you are very exposed on the farm.

do they count as some of your 5 a day ? dont miss out on vitamins either :) 

23 minutes ago, The Nal said:

809_01_1583.jpg

Yes we don't want Glastonbury being in the headlines for a surge in STD's like Coachella was.....

Far too many Glastonbury Vs Coachella comparison meme's already without seeing pictures of cocks with Herpes.

Bought an inflatable pillow from Tesco yesterday, 75p.  Pretty comfortable (surprisingly) and is relatively easy to get back into the small box.  Useful when trying to save space in your rucksack.

14 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Does anyone know of any camping chairs that fold up/ store away quite compactly or smaller than usual. Which are still big enough for a 6'2"er.

Preferably with beer holder arms!

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078QYJWQD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've got this one, very small and light when folded. 

Also got this to go with it, stops the legs sinking into the ground.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074YCPF3V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is more expensive than the standard chairs, but I think it is worth the extra.

@Kalopsia My other half bought these a few months ago https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/hit780/hi~tec-penrith-mid-waterpoof-trail-walking-boots-~-ss19/, v cheap and he swears they're waterproof, really comfy as well, he's chuffed!  I use this website a lot and as well and recommend them! 

• Upvote 1