The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

9 hours ago, zico martin said:

Just realised by cheap eBay 85L rucksack is ripped and needs replacing, any good rucksack deals out there?

Ive been looking at these too, any good (until it ripped!)?

Saw this which looks like it'd do the job

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extra-Large-70L-Travel-Hiking-Camping-Festival-Luggage-Rucksack-Backpack-Bag-/331900304101?nav=SEARCH&varId=541226010508

12 minutes ago, ElliotW88 said:

Ive been looking at these too, any good (until it ripped!)?

Saw this which looks like it'd do the job

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extra-Large-70L-Travel-Hiking-Camping-Festival-Luggage-Rucksack-Backpack-Bag-/331900304101?nav=SEARCH&varId=541226010508

As long as you dont have a lot of weight in the bag these are fine, but the support is terrible and the straps are like razor blades on your shoulders. You're MUCH better off spending another 40/50 quid and getting one from a outdoor store or even an army surplus one.

16 hours ago, ayecannyaye said:

Decent looking trolley / sack truck reduced to clear at B&Q

http://www.diy.com/departments/mac-allister-upright-hand-truck-max-weight-200kg/312036_BQ.prd

Good spot, just ordered one cheers.

Now if I could just re-find a thread on here - I think I spotted recently - about how to properly load one of these.

Edit:  this one : 

Edited by p.pete

50 minutes ago, phimill said:

Has anyone tried this tent? https://www.decathlon.co.uk/2-seconds-xl-air-iii-pop-up-tent-3-man-blue-id_8347892.html#v1853339

Worth the money or is there a similar tent for cheaper?

Thread about it here. I have not got the Fresh & Black one, but can definitely recommend Quechua Pop Ups. I have had a 3 man one since 2008 and it still works well and well worth the money

*Just realised that the one you are looking at isn't Fresh & Black, so feel free to ignore the other thread

Edited by tjamest

11 hours ago, dougal1 said:

A true bargain - free brothers cider festival survival kit! The competition is in its final week. I and several friends who have entered have all been successful, so excellent odds, good luck :D 

Looks to be closed, unless I'm looking at the wrong thing. Link?

Edited by big__phil

This can only be an essential if you are loaded with cash and need something fairly stupid to spend it on. For the outrageously priced £395 you could get your favourite Glastonbury photo printed on to a pair of shorts see link below;

http://www.orlebarbrown.com/snapshorts.html

Just to point out that I didn't happen to be looking at mens swimming trunks with men in them. I stumbled across the afore mentioned trunks by accident. Honestly I did! Honestly I wasn't thinking to myself 'will you just look at the buns on him'. Yes, I'm asking you to believe me, even though I also posted the Man2Man meets Man Parrish thing as well, earlier. 

LMFAO 

46 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

This can only be an essential if you are loaded with cash and need something fairly stupid to spend it on. For the outrageously priced £395 you could get your favourite Glastonbury photo printed on to a pair of shorts see link below;

http://www.orlebarbrown.com/snapshorts.html

Just to point out that I didn't happen to be looking at mens swimming trunks with men in them. I stumbled across the afore mentioned trunks by accident. Honestly I did! Honestly I wasn't thinking to myself 'will you just look at the buns on him'. Yes, I'm asking you to believe me, even though I also posted the Man2Man meets Man Parrish thing as well, earlier. 

LMFAO 

Cotton towelling is synonymous with warm-weather wear with advocates from Sean Connery to Pablo Picasso. Its luxurious feel is perfect for casual crew necks like our classic towelling sweatshirts and cotton tees as well as smart, collared shapes of our tailored terry cloth shirts and towelling polos.

ORLEBAR_BROWN_Towelling.jpg

6 minutes ago, bamber said:

Cotton towelling is synonymous with warm-weather wear with advocates from Sean Connery to Pablo Picasso. Its luxurious feel is perfect for casual crew necks like our classic towelling sweatshirts and cotton tees as well as smart, collared shapes of our tailored terry cloth shirts and towelling polos.

ORLEBAR_BROWN_Towelling.jpg

Very amusing. Nice one bamber. :)

The reality is that up on seeing the intended focus of the photo, I kind of veered off in another direction. I started to wonder if there were little fishes around the blokes feet, and if so, how many fishes would that be. It gets worse. I then started concentrating on looking at the bloke, what he is wearing, the look on his face, and then I moved down his body (how gay is this sounding now!) to his shorts. Then it hit me like a steam train. If you just look at the shorts and the exposed tops of his legs in relation to the sea, it kind of gives you the impression that he is not fully stood up but is, ever so  slightly, crouching. If you can see this like I do, then you'll understand (but not forgive) why I then went on to think that he looks like he's in the first stages of straining one out in to his expensive looking shorts.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Got an email to say I've won as well! Said it's on it's way, so hopefully be here in the next two weeks.

I won on the first day in the middle of May and still waiting for mine :-( but I've seen some people on twitter have received theirs so lord knows.