The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Get your own back - go back in sometime and just rob some stuff. Don't let them get away with their bastardry.  

That could be the way forward Yog but I fear I'd be very poor at such a practice.

9 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Don't worry, that was just me being a prat. I couldn't steal anything. When I get wrong changed (to my benefit) in a supermarket, I start singing like a canary.

I am exactly the same. I've been in restaurants/cafes and received the bill with items missing and I can't help but point it out

20 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Go Outdoors have got 15% off everything for one week Use code 15April17.

Bastards. I caved and used a 10% one a month back.

Take it all back for a refund. Then buy again using the 15% discount code. Handy tip picked up from my dear old Gran 

12 minutes ago, padraig61091 said:

I had one of them for a festival that didn't allow you to bring drinks in to the main 'arena' area. Filled it up with red wine put it on my back, put a coat on and then just walked straight in past the security checks no bother. Saved me a load of money and hassle as I didn't have to go to any of the bars.

Cheapy Festival phone anyone? Ok not the battery life of a bulletproof old Nokia, but for 79p it's a steal surely? And "smart" enough for the odd FB scroll, efests post or WhatsApp to arrange to meet for a beer etc.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/alcatel-pixi-3-3-5-ee-payg-10-79-10-top-up-79p-handset-ee-2653412

Grabbed myself one, will pop my own SIM in and either use the £10 credit towards Google Play purchases or maybe even just an SMS donation to a favourite charity. :)

Edited by Kalcius

Does anyone have any experience of Quecha pop-up tents? Like these : https://www.decathlon.co.uk/2-seconds-easy-iii-freshblack-pop-up-tent-3-man-id_8357353.html

Any good? I need to buy a tent, preferably  as cheap and as easy to assemble as possible. Only going to be me + booze + rucksacksin there, so doesn't need to be huge. Recommendations sought please!

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Does anyone have any experience of Quecha pop-up tents? Like these : https://www.decathlon.co.uk/2-seconds-easy-iii-freshblack-pop-up-tent-3-man-id_8357353.html

Any good? I need to buy a tent, preferably  as cheap and as easy to assemble as possible. Only going to be me + booze + rucksacksin there, so doesn't need to be huge. Recommendations sought please!

Paging @stuartbert two hats - who I think has one of these. 

I had a Quecha 2second tent for years, I found it great for a me+booze+rucksack tent. It's easy to put away with a bit of practice too, no issues in some very wet weather.

.The downside was the lack of porch for wet gear, and i found carrying it in awkward (not heavy, but it either dragged on the floor or was just generally in the way). 

This is what I've used for my last couple of festivals, except it was a 2 man and not a 3 man. Love it, it takes seconds to put up, it's a bit tricky to put away (definitely practice at home first) but once you get the hang of it it's fine. I'd never get a non pop-up tent again tbh.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

This is what I've used for my last couple of festivals, except it was a 2 man and not a 3 man. Love it, it takes seconds to put up, it's a bit tricky to put away (definitely practice at home first) but once you get the hang of it it's fine. I'd never get a non pop-up tent again tbh.

31 minutes ago, Titters said:

Paging @stuartbert two hats - who I think has one of these. 

I had a Quecha 2second tent for years, I found it great for a me+booze+rucksack tent. It's easy to put away with a bit of practice too, no issues in some very wet weather.

.The downside was the lack of porch for wet gear, and i found carrying it in awkward (not heavy, but it either dragged on the floor or was just generally in the way). 

Thanks - so a 2-man fine for 1-man and his gear then? About £20 cheaper than a 3-man

Edit: And did it fare ok in the rain?

Edited by The Red Telephone

Thanks - so a 2-man fine for 1-man and his gear then? About £20 cheaper than a 3-man

Edit: And did it fare ok in the rain?

Yeah I used a 2-man for myself. Debating a 3-man next time just for extra height in there but it was absolutely fine realistically. And yeah not a problem in the rain. And this was during 2016 where the ground was muddy as fook.