The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

Good post. Remember the clean up crew go through all the rubbish left behind. Don't let them find your full bottles of yellow smelly pee folks!

Last year a group of blokes (my neighbours) left a 5 litre water bottle filled with pee at the bins next to our camp. Short while later the bin lorry came along and ran over said container which exploded, spraying a nearby camp (who were packing up and had all their kit in a nice pile) and their tents in urine. Group of about 12. 11 of them saw the funny side, 1 of them had a meltdown!! Not a good end to the festival!

Last year a group of blokes (my neighbours) left a 5 litre water bottle filled with pee at the bins next to our camp. Short while later the bin lorry came along and ran over said container which exploded, spraying a nearby camp (who were packing up and had all their kit in a nice pile) and their tents in urine. Group of about 12. 11 of them saw the funny side, 1 of them had a meltdown!! Not a good end to the festival!

Absolute scum that do that sort of thing, no better than animals.

Anyone got any links to some decent sleeping bags? Don't want to spend anymore than £15.00 and the cheaper the better, although I do want it to be half decent! thanks (i really cant afford anything more than this though)

I'm quite happy to be proved wrong, but you're not going to get a decent sleeping bag for £15 - new anyway. You might get lucky on an auction for an army arctic sleeping bag for that money, or a good quality used bag on gumtree or ebay. When doing your research keep an eye on the comfort ratings not the extreme ones. The extreme ratings just tell you you won't freeze to death but you probably won't sleep either. A sleeping mat, even a really cheap one (Lidl had them for £3 a few weeks back) will improve the warmth as you lose a lot of heat to the ground.

Any suggestions for cheap, big rucksacks? 

Just signed up to the forums to show you this as It was too good a find not to share :) £15 for a 75 litre bag, military spec, great as i had no plans other than to grab a huge backpack from tesco or something a few days before, hope this helps. I ordered mine 15 mins ago but will happily let you know how it is once it turns up!  

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/shop/hardwear/deployment-bag-grade-1-1124036.html

I need to get a portable phone charger but i'm gonna want to use it while i'm asleep but surely that's just going to drain the battery all night and by the end of Wednesday night it wont have any charge left?

I have anker astro e5, when phone has been fully charged the battery pack switches off. I got 6 full charges (one charge oer night) and will last the fest for me.

I need to get a portable phone charger but i'm gonna want to use it while i'm asleep but surely that's just going to drain the battery all night and by the end of Wednesday night it wont have any charge left?

why would it? once your phone battery is full it won't keep drawing charge from the batterypack

Homebargains do a great festival essential

they are called breath eezee and they are basically vicks on a tissue!! perfect to stick in your nose to brave the toilets!!

they are in a turquoise greeny type container usually with the medicines and cost 99p

you usually find me handing them out in what ever queue im in to whoevers nearby!! 

Mine turns itself off for safety (I presume) after about 30% so I have to be awake while I do it but I just do it in the morning. To save more battery I just turn my phone off overnight. 

Festival essential item number 1 for me:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281570797189&globalID=EBAY-GB

Fantastic for hanging ruck sacks etc in long drops / portaloos etc...

I bought a load of these last year and handed them out to my group, so useful for not having to put your backpack/coat on the toilet floor!

• Upvote 1

Got a pair of these the other week. Haven't tried them yet as I'm still debating getting new wellies, but from a quick squeeze they feel decent.