The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

I trust the opinion of the good people of efestivals over some Amazon review any day

yeah but srsly there's a thread on it in Questions right now and probably 2/3 more airbed/campbed/self inflator threads further down.

amazon reviews really are a pile of junk. the number of 1*s a thing can get over silly issues...... you're doing the right thing the wrong way

Not that much, is the honest answer. When they cost about £8.99 in halfords (single) I bought one inflated onsite from the millets stall for £15. This was 2010, so adjust for inflation.

I thought you said the price included inflation?

..it's the leather jacket on the left.

Edited by fur_q
  • Upvote 7

Will be interested to hea some feedback on the self inflated mattresses, do they take up considerably less space/weight than the airbed

i bought a single one for the first time about a month ago, and took it to a festival 2 weeks ago.

it took up much more room than a double airbed, but at least it was cylindrical, and i could put straps around it on my rucksack.

didn't find it particularly comfortable, and seemed a bit weird being back on the ground after being raised up off it with an airbed for the last few years of festivals.

have gone and re-bought an airbed for Glastonbury now.

looking at buying some electrolyte/rehydration salts (like diaorolyte but cheaper?) - does anyone have a clue on where to get these either in powder form to dissolve in some water or tab form to take in the event of / prevent dehydration?

sort of camping essential I guess if you're in a hot tent!!!

looking at buying some electrolyte/rehydration salts (like diaorolyte but cheaper?) - does anyone have a clue on where to get these either in powder form to dissolve in some water or tab form to take in the event of / prevent dehydration?

Forever hopeful?

Try these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/high5-zero-electrolyte-drink-20-tabs/

They do normal ones and caffeine ones for those really bad hangovers.

Just got this Rucksack for the other half

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-bobcat-65-rucksack-793000?colcode=79300016

Fairly decent brand so have more trust than some of the super cheap ones on Ebay and seems to have decent reviews - just need something that will last the trek to wherever we may be camping with Zips/ stitching etc. still intact!

This has probably been asked and answered a dozen times already but I don't want to trawl through 78 pages.
I have a MotoG with micro usb to usb cable for recharging.
I am on 02.
I have a usb charger for my vaporizer.
1 - Could someone recommend a portable charger with usb and decent power (more than one charge)
2 - What is the signal like for O2 on site (always been on Orange/EE previously).
Thanking you.

This has probably been asked and answered a dozen times already but I don't want to trawl through 78 pages.
I am on 02.
1 - Could someone recommend a portable charger with usb and decent power (more than one charge)
2 - What is the signal like for O2 on site (always been on Orange/EE previously).
Thanking you.

A mate of mine swears by the Anker brand, they're supposed to be good. I got this Breett one myself, have been using it for the last year or so and it's pretty decent, holds a good charge (more than enough to charge two phones) and you can always drop them off at a property lockup tent to get them recharged during the day when people aren't charging their phones too.

Can't give a practical review of it though, I bought it for last year's Glasto, charged it up the night before and forgot to put it in my backpack to bring it with me. Typical. Still, in use since then it's been great.

I am on 02.

Thanking you.

I have a second gen anker E5 16000maH, road test did approx 5 full charges including heat loss.

Cost £22 I think, I also have anker mini, pocket sized, one full charge for last minute emergencies.

I'll try to post a link if I can work it out.

I am on 02.
Thanking you.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SR5N5HU/

approx. 8 charges of a phone

depending on when you order it this one is your best value for money http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SR5N5HU/?tag=efestivals-21

I got it for £19.99 but last week it went up to £28, £21 at the minute is pretty good

Yeah I just ordered this one, after comparing capacity to prices this comes out quite a way on top

Edited by mjsell

Can recommend this one - think it's the best value for your money at 25600mAh for under £20 (you'll need to buy something small to take it over £20 for free delivery though)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/25600mAh-3-Smart-USB-Smartport-PowerBank-Smartphones/dp/B00TDGC9WY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1434027345&sr=1-1&keywords=swees+power+bank

depending on when you order it this one is your best value for money http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SR5N5HU/?tag=efestivals-21

I got it for £19.99 but last week it went up to £28, £21 at the minute is pretty good

Change to colour to white and it's cheaper (nicer too?), but then as mentioned for other purchases, need to buy something else to take total to back over £20.