The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

Cant say I am an expert or that you haven't tried this but have you put the fabric on prior to folding it out?

The fabric is attached already, you fold it out then pull it over each end. Can do one end, but hard work stretching the other end over to tighten it. Need some brute strength!!

These guys are on sale at the minute. Highly recommended. It kept my iPhone 4S charged every night from Tuesday to Monday with capacity left over. Plenty of power for pictures!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/16000mAh-Portable-External-Technology-Motorola-Black/dp/B00D5T3QK4

No worries,

Not sure where you live but Mole valley farmers stock them & most horse tack shops do too.

Cheers.

Found a place not far from me that sells them. They're a pricey old shop so I'll go there to get the size right then probably order on line.

Just bought this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00SR5N5HU

£19.99

Should keep my iPhone going nicely come worthy farm week :)

Great buy that, bought one myself last week.

I've has 6 or 7 charges off it for an iphone 5s already and there's still more left in it.

Let's see how long it lasts but it's got an 18 month warranty anyway.

Bought an Anker 13000mAh last year for £30 so this is a bargain at £20

Edited by chrislfc

These guys are on sale at the minute. Highly recommended. It kept my iPhone 4S charged every night from Tuesday to Monday with capacity left over. Plenty of power for pictures!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/16000mAh-Portable-External-Technology-Motorola-Black/dp/B00D5T3QK4

Yeah there probably the best as far as brands are concerned with out spending a fortune. my mate uses one and he has charge to spare.

I've got a big ass vaporizer to keep charged this year with will nornally last 3 days of fairly heavy toking. I can imagine I'll be hitting it more that normal at the festival & more at night so it's going to need a full charge once or twice.

You can get mega sized ones dirt cheap on eBay but I'm sure the the true capacity is smaller that an Ankor.

5 space blankets for £2.92 on amazon. Sounds useless, but if you drape one over your crates it really keeps your beer cold. Nothing like having a cold beer three days in when the sun comes out! If you really wanted you could tape them on the outside of your tent to keep it cool inside, although you might blind some passers by.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Survival-Blanket-reflective-thermal-first/dp/B004O793JY/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1429005800&sr=1-1&keywords=space+blanket

if you lay one on the floor under your sleeping mat / air bed it'll stop your tent getting so cold at night as it will reflect the cold back into the ground and reflect the warmth from your bodies back into the tent :)

Are chairs actually useful? I don't imagine it would be very practical to haul one into a big crowd and ask those around you to make space so you can sit in it (although the locals have an annoying habit of doing this on the Sunday, and squeal the moment the edge of your walking shoe so much as grazes their precious blanket... anyway...). I guess the convenience would be to sit by your tent I suppose, but as somebody who's going alone, I think I'd rather amble around until I find a patch of grass somewhere.

yeah definitely. we took some for the first time last year and it was the best £6 we spent! they came in a little bag so could be slung over our shoulders easily. absolutely invaluable if it's muddy.

The fabric is attached already, you fold it out then pull it over each end. Can do one end, but hard work stretching the other end over to tighten it. Need some brute strength!!

I have a similar type. I use a Mallet, but I use it as a lever, rest the head on the leg, and have the shaft going up through the corner gap and just lever from the top.

Edited by HurrahBrother

Just walked past my local Lidl store. They're advertising that they'll have a range of camping gear in next week. Tents, sleeping bags, chairs etc. Can't vouch for all their stuff, but I got one of their 3 man tents last year and it was great, double skin, easy to put up, lightweight. Only £30 too.

i got what i assume is the same tent a few years ago, and it's been absolutely perfect for me. survived through several rainy festivals without any problems too.

this is the same type that I have (mine was orange rather than green):

VYetYkm.jpg

That's the badger! Mine is orange too. Can't see three people in one (surprise, surprise!), but it's spacious for one, or would be okay for two as long as they're 'friendly'!

That's a great deal, but 30l is no way nearly big enough for Glasto. Probably best to check one out in a real shop before ordering.

I have a 65l and that just about covers it, and I pack pretty light.