The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

For those wanting to bring everything and the kitchen sink.

Thursday - @ Lidl folding sink for £3.99..

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=13721&ar=7

would double up as a handy beer bucket

for those a little more flush,,

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=13719&ar=7

Not sure I should admit to this, but I have one, and it's coming to Glasto... Saw someone in one last year, and thought it was genius.

It's very comfy, ridiculously warm, and great to sleep in if you like to move around in your sleep. I took it to Chamonix for several months over the winter and it was a godsend before the building heated up properly. Seriously, I love it.

And no, I don't plan on going anywhere near toilets in it :P It'll be taken off in the tent first, and I'll head in my top and leggings like normal!

Each to their own I guess! It does actually look quite comfortable, seems like it's really padded around the head bit. Good luck with it! :)

Just bought one of these, Pefect festy bag, lots of room, and plenty of pockets. Very comfortable...can put it in front of you. not too big for when in the crowd ;-)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Molle-Travel-Backpack-Pouch-Military-Tactical-Shoulder-Bag-Camera-Hip-Bag-UK-/161193930947?pt=UK_SportingGoods_BackpacksRucksacks_Bags_EH&var=&hash=item2587e830c3

Thanks for the link mine arrived today very impressed lots of pockets to fumble through when I've forgotten where I've put stuff

Probably mentioned already but the plastic tops off the soft drink cups in junk food outlets and the pick 'n' mix cups (large size) in some supermarkets will fit the paper cups that the Glasto bars serve drinks in. Handy for stopping spillage on your way up the hill to watch the sunset....... :-)

• Upvote 6

Probably mentioned already but the plastic tops off the soft drink cups in junk food outlets and the pick 'n' mix cups (large size) in some supermarkets will fit the paper cups that the Glasto bars serve drinks in. Handy for stopping spillage on your way up the hill to watch the sunset....... :-)

Yeah, already mentioned m8

Folding tripod stool - not as cheap as some, but under a fiver and one of the reviewers said it coped with a six footer, so should be good for my round tummy - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009W06Y40

That looks the same size as our poundland one, though I hope for the sake of your height it's actually a bit bigger! I saw some in Aldi the other day that looked to have legs about 50% longer than those in case it does end up being too small for you.

Hadn't seen this yet great idea!

That looks the same size as our poundland one, though I hope for the sake of your height it's actually a bit bigger! I saw some in Aldi the other day that looked to have legs about 50% longer than those in case it does end up being too small for you.

Aye, my concern was more the strength, as I've had some before where the fabric stretched or ripped, so I chose this one as it was commended for being robust :)

I don' t know if its been mentioned but Tesco have just put a 30% discount on ALL BBq, outdoor, gardening and CAMPING items. That is incredibly early in the season. They must be struggling.

Is this in store? Or just tesco direct?

It might not arrive in time but that rucksack was a bargain so I bought it. It'll do for future festivals if I don't get it on time.

I ordered it late Wednesday night and it came today. I did pay an extra £2 for next day delivery (took an extra day as order was placed in the evening) but they were quick to despatch so you might still get it before weds :).