The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

I know it's an obvious one but just got back from Poundland who had some great deals.

Got 2x antibacterial handwashes for £1, huge pack of plasters, three packs of ibruprofen for £1, a few bars of soap.

They didn't have anything of use to me in the camping section but plenty there, mallet, spare begs, socks, pillow etc etc.

Just looking through related items on this. I have never seen anything like this before in my life: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1945494.htm

418-1945494UC1646943M.jpg

Sleeping bag / astronaut's suit by the looks of it

Edited by pentura
  • Upvote 1

Looks single skinned to me... a total utter waste of £20 for a festival I'm sorry. As stated in the description it is for the kids to play in the back garden ONLY.

A sleeping bag onesie? Hilarious!

Don't see a zipper for a nighttime wee. I suspect if these were used you'd find a pile of them outside the long drops in the early hours of the morning!

Looks single skinned to me... a total utter waste of £20 for a festival I'm sorry. As stated in the description it is for the kids to play in the back garden ONLY.

Agreed! Although the actual tent is called 'Festival' and it also states in the description: "Perfect for the summer festivals". There's no way I'd be camping in it though.

Agreed! Although the actual tent is called 'Festival' and it also states in the description: "Perfect for the summer festivals". There's no way I'd be camping in it though.

That description is only to get even more suckers to fall for buying it... You're better off cutting up your £20 note into four equal sizes, folding each into a little paper jet and throwing all of them from the top of a building and seeing which goes furthest. You'd have more fun wasting your £20 note that way than thinking you will stay dry and warm in that toy tent. :sarcastic:

Bought a couple of these last year and it was up there with wet wipes as an absolute must have item in the day bag.

When you are in the toilets you hook your bag and hang it high :-) Works in long drops, saw dust toilets and portaloos :-)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351032632714

Thanks for that, just ordered some and can give one to everyone in our group.

Edited by willowby

Bought a couple of these last year and it was up there with wet wipes as an absolute must have item in the day bag.

When you are in the toilets you hook your bag and hang it high :-) Works in long drops, saw dust toilets and portaloos :-)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351032632714

I've got 10 hooks on the way and there are only two in our party, I'm overstocked, thanks :)

Just looking through related items on this. I have never seen anything like this before in my life: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1945494.htm

418-1945494UC1646943M.jpg

Sleeping bag / astronaut's suit by the looks of it

Not sure I should admit to this, but I have one, and it's coming to Glasto... Saw someone in one last year, and thought it was genius.

It's very comfy, ridiculously warm, and great to sleep in if you like to move around in your sleep. I took it to Chamonix for several months over the winter and it was a godsend before the building heated up properly. Seriously, I love it.

And no, I don't plan on going anywhere near toilets in it :P It'll be taken off in the tent first, and I'll head in my top and leggings like normal!

And no, I don't plan on going anywhere near toilets in it :P It'll be taken off in the tent first, and I'll head in my top and leggings like normal!

That's the only problem I can see - I considered getting one of those and do love the idea but concluded that for me it'd just be too much hassle getting in/out of it, especially when worse for wear at the end of the day or when I woke up needing to mark a sharp exit from the tent.