The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

I know we're not going to need it, but has anyone seen any cheap but good waterproof macs? Preferably the pack up small in a bag type? Mine is old and not as waterproof as it used to be....

Don't buy a new mac if you like yours, just buy a bottle of Nikwax TX-Direct wash-in waterproofing and use that after giving it a rinse cycle wash first

Then you can re-waterproof many things. Works a charm for all the temporary-waterproof type items, excluding tents

Probably mentioned already, but Home Bargains had some good stuff in today, such as:

Plastic, freezable, 500ml roll up drink bottles with carabiner loop, 79p in a choice of colours

Loads of pre-mixed cocktails and spirits/mixers in both cans and pouches starting at 49p each

Andrex moist toilet tissue, £1 per pack

Loads of cereal bars, crisps, biscuits, peanuts etc at really good prices, including large bags of Sensations crisps and Doritos 79p, 20 x individual Carnation UHT milk portions 99p, Walkers flavour coated peanuts in various flavours 49p per bag (mmmm, smokey bacon, if they last until Glasto it'll be a miracle)

Also some very good offers on suntan lotion.......... NFR NFC

If you've got a branch nearby it's worth a browse to pick up some of your everyday stuff.

Also bought 3 pairs of men's bamboo socks for £4.99 in TK Maxx, available in various colours. Not sure if they're a bargain or not but they seem to be very good quality for the price.

So for £24 you get 10,400mAh and you will end up with two devices.

And if you'd gone for the one I recommended a fair few pages ago (which is but £2 more expensive) you will get 10,000mAh for £26 and just one device to carry around. :sarcastic:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/10000mAh-Portable-Dual-Port-Thunderbolt-Incredible-Black/dp/B0063AAIRG

Have you used this one yet mate, wasn't going to bother with a phone but gonna take my HTC One.

I know we're not going to need it, but has anyone seen any cheap but good waterproof macs? Preferably the pack up small in a bag type? Mine is old and not as waterproof as it used to be....

I picked up a "pack up small in a bag" waterproof mac from Tesco for a fiver about two weeks ago. They weren't labelled at £5 but they went through at £5. Worth a try if you're in a Tesco with a clothes area.

If anyone looking for a descent tent than this is a real bargain,I bought one myself,they retail at about £350 new.

It is canvas though but I think the extra weight is worth it for a nice lie in when its hot

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2055119.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmerdina+conqest+tent&_nkw=merdina+conqest+tent&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Probably mentioned already, but Home Bargains had some good stuff in today, such as:

Plastic, freezable, 500ml roll up drink bottles with carabiner loop, 79p in a choice of colours

Loads of pre-mixed cocktails and spirits/mixers in both cans and pouches starting at 49p each

Andrex moist toilet tissue, £1 per pack

Loads of cereal bars, crisps, biscuits, peanuts etc at really good prices, including large bags of Sensations crisps and Doritos 79p, 20 x individual Carnation UHT milk portions 99p, Walkers flavour coated peanuts in various flavours 49p per bag (mmmm, smokey bacon, if they last until Glasto it'll be a miracle)

Also some very good offers on suntan lotion.......... NFR NFC

If you've got a branch nearby it's worth a browse to pick up some of your everyday stuff.

Also bought 3 pairs of men's bamboo socks for £4.99 in TK Maxx, available in various colours. Not sure if they're a bargain or not but they seem to be very good quality for the price.

Spent just short of £20 in there today and got loads of stuff, bargains to be had indeed.

I don't know how good it will be but I bought a 10ltr water carrier packed real flat for £1 yesterday :) they have a few good bits and bobs in the camping gear section

I bought one of those in poundland last year. The concertina type? It leaked ever so slightly so I kept it in the porch of my tent/outside but for a quid who's bothered? No trekking to the taps every morning. Fill it up when you get there then just stick a pair of shorts on and upend that over yourself every morning.

I bought one of those in poundland last year. The concertina type? It leaked ever so slightly so I kept it in the porch of my tent/outside but for a quid who's bothered? No trekking to the taps every morning. Fill it up when you get there then just stick a pair of shorts on and upend that over yourself every morning.

Good to know, its a bit of a gamble and I don't expect it to be perfect but I bought it for morning coffee along with one of those little stove/fuel cube things - cannot function without my morning coffee! :)

I've taken delivery of this.......http://camping.efestivals.co.uk/full-length-waterproof-raincoat-1764-p.asp..... From the efestivals camping shop. It's long and will keep out heavy down pours as it's 100% pvc. Cheap but does the job hopefully.

I bought it for morning coffee along with one of those little stove/fuel cube things - cannot function without my morning coffee! :)

Hexamine stoves are the work of the devil. I think we timed the little cheapo screw-on campinggaz one we replaced it with as FIVE times faster boiling the kettle.

Avoid the big bulky gas stoves you want one like:

34129-140414101455-1523798863.jpg

stove of sensible size, speed and price

Hexamine stoves are the work of the devil. I think we timed the little cheapo screw-on campinggaz one we replaced it with as FIVE times faster boiling the kettle.

Avoid the big bulky gas stoves you want one like:

34129-140414101455-1523798863.jpg

stove of sensible size, speed and price

I've got one very similar to this, had it over 20 years and still going strong. I would recommend taking something to stand it on as it's easy to knock over on grass with a kettle on top, I use a cheap plastic dinner plate.

Here's one I just found on Amazon for £3.61 with free delivery:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Outdoor-Picnic-Portable-Camping-BuyinCoins/dp/B004U8CP88/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1402241881&sr=8-4&keywords=gas+stove

I notice it has a built in piezo electric ignition system, and they also have a stand available for £2.83, which solves the problem I mentioned above. The gas can is another fiver.

Time for an upgrade I reckon!

Do those Andrex (or others, only ever seen those) cardboard roll -less loo rolls still exist? Not seen them for the last couple of years.

My local independant supermarket Booths has them, bought some a couple of weeks ago, not seen them in Morrisons for years.

camping chair

1 for £9.99

2 for £10

don't know how good they are but will surely last 5 days and two for a tenner cant turn your nose up i ordered two

offer ends tomorrow

Only right now! Two camping chairs for £10. Ends 9/6/2014.
Comfortable, soft and has a drink holder. Packs away easily into a handy carry bag. Available in several colours.

8871670349854.jpg

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/34-3106?gclid=CJXplv6Htr4CFfQbtAodUzQASQ