The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

just got 16 batteries for free from tesco

they are doing buy one get one free on batteries, only when bought from tesco direct (not in store) , but you can get them sent to store (including Local stores) and collect them for free, and batteries are in the clubcard exchange, so you can double any clubcard points,I only had £4.50 of vouchers so couldn't double, but 8 batteries were £4.50, so i ordered two packs, used the vouchers, leaving a grand total of £0.00 to pay! and i can walk round and pick them up from the little tesco down the road tomorrow after work!

saved a little, but always nice to get stuff for free!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This goes on sale tomorrow at 830am like their black friday deals, looks pretty decent! black friday was taking around 40% off so its worth £20-£25

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FSBWSXI/ref=gb1h_img_c-1_2987_81ec7db0?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0JNZN0GPX2X2ZAJS1YM6&pf_rd_i=118857031&pf_rd_p=458032987

Sales are on folks: Now is the winter of our discount tents.

Oh, nice.

I'd like one with either two rooms or one very large room; any recommendations?

Don't mind paying up to £150 for something decent.

Previously going from the Argos Pro Action 6 man tent (which looks good in theory), but the roofs of the two rooms sag to the ground which makes them smaller.

I need a new light weight waterproof jacket, hoping Go Outdoors will have something decent in their sale.

My best buy recently has been some battery powered fairylights for £2 a pack in Asda, will use them for the outside of our tent. One of my Christmas pressies was a collapsable wine glass which will be perfect for G.

Edited by coma girl

Oh, nice.

I'd like one with either two rooms or one very large room; any recommendations?

Don't mind paying up to £150 for something decent.

Previously going from the Argos Pro Action 6 man tent (which looks good in theory), but the roofs of the two rooms sag to the ground which makes them smaller.

Vango Icarus, comes with a "living area" and a separate bedroom that has a sheet you can attach in the middle to turn it into "two" bedrooms. Standing height to. (Also it's rather Heavy :P)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who would like a shower close by. Hozelock are selling factory clearance Portashowers for £17.98 including delivery

http://spares.hozelock.com/product/portashower

Got one of these last year, fantastic just to give a fresh feeling, hair wash, shave. Many envious looks.