The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

So for many years now my trusty Igloo Box has served us well.

igloo-icebox.jpg

But the wheels on this are not suitable for going over-fields.

So, when this eventually dies or I donate it to my mum for BBQs in the summer, I'll be gettign this one instead:

all-terrain-100.jpg

or

10135369.jpg?is=500,500

Pneumatic wheels, great ground clearance. The only problem I can see is the size (would prefer it around 50ltrs) and the handle possibly being a bit weak. Bloody expensive though, I can only find this:

Trouble is though these are all around £150+ :-( Perhaps next year

So this year I'm going to try and mod my existing box and add two pneumatic wheels I picked up off eBay (the same wheels as the 4-wheel garden trolleys) and see if I can get this working instead.

So for many years now my trusty Igloo Box has served us well.

But the wheels on this are not suitable for going over-fields.

So, when this eventually dies or I donate it to my mum for BBQs in the summer, I'll be gettign this one instead:

or

Pneumatic wheels, great ground clearance. The only problem I can see is the size (would prefer it around 50ltrs) and the handle possibly being a bit weak. Bloody expensive though, I can only find this:

Trouble is though these are all around £150+ :-( Perhaps next year

So this year I'm going to try and mod my existing box and add two pneumatic wheels I picked up off eBay (the same wheels as the 4-wheel garden trolleys) and see if I can get this working instead.

While those igloo boxes look great I'd be a bit wary about buying one and leaving it in the tent unattended.

Am I just being paranoid?

While those igloo boxes look great I'd be a bit wary about buying one and leaving it in the tent unattended.

Am I just being paranoid?

Yes/no. Depends in which field, depends what your neighbours are like, depends how much attention you bring on yourselves. If they did our tents they've have a field day. Touch wood, we have had no trouble at all. besides which, one full these things wight like 40-50kg, not exactly a simple thing to nick and run off with.

Yes/no. Depends in which field, depends what your neighbours are like, depends how much attention you bring on yourselves. If they did our tents they've have a field day. Touch wood, we have had no trouble at all. besides which, one full these things wight like 40-50kg, not exactly a simple thing to nick and run off with.

Oh Yeah!!! And where do you camp then? ;)

Edited by stonie

Hey

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but Batiste are currently doing an offer on their dry shampoo. You can get a full refund on the product (up to the value of £4.99) and the postage up to £2.60 (you have to send the lid back with the receipt).

Full details here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/bargains-deals-discounts/batiste

Basically for minimal effort, free dry shampoo - happy days! :)

• Upvote 1

that's pretty cool. been thinking on what to carry my booze in as i'm aware that having a backpack may lead to people opening it from behind / cutting it open etc when i'm not paying attention...

I got a (poorer quality presumably) similar bag from Poundland the other day.Very handy.

Not sure if already posted previous, but...

Went into poundland today, and got me and tbh an all in on eating tray - the tray,cup holder,knife fork spoon.

Easy to wash up,even has a hole to hang it up to dry.!

12216-Blue-Picnic-Tray.jpg

Edited by markm69

Just got a new rucksack for fathers day ,vango explorer 60+ 10 from go outdoors for £40 and a few pence using their price match promise,here's how; shop called outdoor camping gear has it on sale for £45.32,call go outdoors and tell them the price and they'll knock 10% off .

Just got a new rucksack for fathers day ,vango explorer 60+ 10 from go outdoors for £40 and a few pence using their price match promise,here's how; shop called outdoor camping gear has it on sale for £45.32,call go outdoors and tell them the price and they'll knock 10% off .

So you've bought YOURSELF a Fathers day present? Or did your kids tell you price they paid and how they got a discount?

• Upvote 1

Poundland is great for camping stuff! For people planning to use things in the future for years and years, I'd suggest you maybe died a bit more but for bits you may/may not need or throwaway camping equipment I'd recommend going there!

As for alcohol...

20 cans of carling (ASDA) = £12

18 cans of Stella (Tesco) = £13

2 large bottles of Smirnoff ice/wkd (ASDA) = £5 - would need to decant

And my TOP tip

4 cans of 330ml Rekorderlig (ASDA) - £2.15

BUT they're on an offer of 3 for £5

So...

12 cans of 330ml Rekorderlig (ASDA) - £5

Poundland is great for camping stuff! For people planning to use things in the future for years and years, I'd suggest you maybe died a bit more but for bits you may/may not need or throwaway camping equipment I'd recommend going there!

As for alcohol...

And my TOP tip

So...

Sweet, thank you- off to have a look now!

As for alcohol...

And my TOP tip

So...

Is that an in store mistake? Just looked online and that offer and prices are for individual bottles not packs of cans.

Rekorderlig would be quite a nice early first drink of the day after a heavy night before.

Im after some new socks, taking my trusty walking boots but could do with some suitable socks, any deals around or suggestions?

Sports Direct had 50% of Karrimor socks (fiver for two pairs) or some random brand ones at 2.99 that feel comfy enough for Glasto!

Ocado amazing deal on Red Wine Boxes

ok i have just ordered this using the £20 of £80 existing customer code VOU6319111

just put 6 boxes of chardonnay banrock station 3 llitre box £16 or the red version starts of as £4 a bottle, then 25% off so £3 a bottle, make your order upto £80 use code so just over £60 free del if booked late on mines tues night works out just over £2.25 a bottle might be less than that my figures might be slightly out happy days

• Upvote 1