The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

So my local Millets has been closing down for a while now, so has some decent discounts. Anyway spotted a travel towel today, cheap cheap, has anybody used one? You know they come in a tiny, compact pack but claim to be super absorbent!

Yeah I had a couple of those towels when I travelled round Australia a couple of years back - they do what they say! Definitely worth a purchase, but make sure you wash it before you use it for the first time otherwise it dyes everything it comes into contact with as soon as it gets wet.

So my local Millets has been closing down for a while now, so has some decent discounts. Anyway spotted a travel towel today, cheap cheap, has anybody used one? You know they come in a tiny, compact pack but claim to be super absorbent!

I think they're really good, always take them on holiday. As well as being small they also dry quickly so you don't have to worry about them being damp and smelly in your bag.

Just back from Tesco, they have twin packs of plastic sporks for 50p that also have a serrated knife edge on the outside of one of the prongs (does that make it a knorkoon?) Also, twin packs of plastic over-door hooks for £1, which are useful for hanging your bag, coat, hat or whatever on whilst you relax in the long drops, safe in the knowledge that your kit isn't lying in a puddle of something you'd rather it wasn't.

Poundworld small fold-up spade, im thinking of digging a small hole in my porch to keep a emergency £20, 20fags and a couple tins or Small Vodka bottle. anyone think this is worth a go?

I've done similar in the past with money, but just put it clingfilm and hid it under my tent haha

• Upvote 1

Poundworld small fold-up spade, im thinking of digging a small hole in my porch to keep a emergency £20, 20fags and a couple tins or Small Vodka bottle. anyone think this is worth a go?

Or just put it in the lock ups and donate your quid to the charity running them.

Hmm only if you don't care about a cow breaking its leg in said hole after the festival!

Hmm only if you don't care about a cow breaking its leg in said hole after the festival!

Or you get that fucked up you forget about it?.... I'd take a little bag and put it in the lock ups... that way you know its 99.99% safe

Or you get that fucked up you forget about it?.... I'd take a little bag and put it in the lock ups... that way you know its 99.99% safe

I'm just thinking some bloke in a thousand years time with a metal detector thinking ''What kind of tripped out,fucked up battle happened here'' :)

• Upvote 1

Anyone reckon these will be any good? Sounds like a great price, but almost too good to be true? Don't want it to fall apart before I've even found my camping spot.

I bought one a few days ago and it arrived today. To be completely honest I am really pleased with it. Obviously the quality will not be as good as the £50 equivalents buts its good, it's feels good, it looks good and will do the job nicely for me. If it lasts just this year that will be fine.

• Upvote 1

These could come in handy for the bar treks

http://www.firebox.com/product/5191/Stack-Cups-trade

You can stack and carry them.

The only downside is the size but you might be able to fit the paper cups inside.

I have some of these but the pint size version that I *erm* acquired from a popular Aussie pub ;)

Pint version

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stack-Cups-CE-20oz-568ml-x-6-Stackable-Pint-Cups-/140734221655

Edited by StrettonHills