The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

That head lamp looks pretty similar to the one from Poundland HERE which obviously costs about 4x less.

The Aldi spring walking & fishing sale starts Thursday 18th and all the items that will be available are listed HERE. Objects of interest include walking boots, neoprene wellies, gaiters and various items of clothing.

Oh yes, I must start getting to the boot sales.I got my waterproof frogs at the last pre G one I attended. Wear your trainers but with over wellies on!

Will keep an eye out for tents and tat.

I just bought myself a 20,000Ah Power Bank charger off Fleabay. Probably fake from China but heyho, if it gives anywhere near the amount of charges I am hoping it will, its £15 well spent.

Can anyone recommend any good gaitors?

My Lowe Alpines have lasted years and are pretty good; the under-foot strap is replaceable. Mountain Hardware are among the best, though all Gore-Tex gaitors are similar. If you don't want to plastic look of Gore-Tex then Barbour do waxed cotton gaitors.

• Upvote 1

Just picked up a few things in the clearance section at mountain warehouse, 2 x dry sacks, normally £15 got for a £1 each, 2 litre water pouch, perfect for my backpack for homemade toffee vodka for £1, also got in 98p store a large PVC pink mat for sitting on in the sun (rain,shhhhhhhh NFR NFC) and a emergency shelter, you know a massive space blanket with rope. For either under my mattress,between 2 tents for bit of shade in the day, or anyone that may be at deaths door,lol my little glasto pack is coming along nicely, got baby wipes on offer, could not find the recommended foot gel in boots, may need to look in a bigger one :)

What's everyones feelings on gazebos? Personally I think that as long as they're only taking up the space between tents that would normally be left for chairs etc anyway, they're fine.

Just noticed Asda are doing them for £16.

http://direct.asda.com/ASDA-2.4m-Gazebo/001679699,default,pd.html

The packing list advice on the official site says please don't bring gazebos.

What's everyones feelings on gazebos? Personally I think that as long as they're only taking up the space between tents that would normally be left for chairs etc anyway, they're fine.

Burn them!

Leave them in Asda... most annoying thing about the festival is gazebos